Coronavirus

Comments

• 00730073 COPPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    Joshua wrote:
    0073. Thank you for your reply and it has cleared things up for me. As N24 says, thank you for your efforts.

..... We as a church with the other people who are involved, will be taking all precautions as directed by the medical officials, during our efforts to make sure the vulnerable are kept supplied with food, etc for the duration of this crisis. We have not rushed in to this blindly, as we have a long experience of dealing with medically frail people. As it stands ALL contacts are made by telephone NEVER face to face. If shopping is delivered then it is left on the doorstep, there is again no personal contact, just to ring the doorbell to make sure the person knows the supplies are there. We wear gloves when handling foods stuff and while holding the bags. We advise the person to wear gloves when taking in the food so they can not pick up the virus from the handles of the bags etc

Gardening and odd jobs: That is done the same way. It has always been the procedure that we never go into peoples homes anyway. We maintain a large distance at all times now.

At the bottom rung of this crisis there are many people who have no body to turn to. These people are invisible in their communities. Without help from organisations and charities, they will be left to wither.

Thank you.

No need to thank, I consider my work a privilege, you wouldn't thank a king for being in his position now would you?! :D

Anyways, what you do in your church is very important. The fact that people know that you are there to help, even by itself, keeps them safe. People who know that they are cared for, do not get the feeling of desperation and abandonment, and therefore they are more likely to keep their hopes up, their lives in order and most importantly, they will stay safe when they don't try take matters into their own hands. This is of a matter of most importance when we are talking about infectious disease on a rampage.

Just stay safe, and don't take any risks. It wouldn't do for you go down with this, just when you're needed the most...

Hope springs eternal!
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 788MI6 Agent
    All actions have consequences and so they do in Bavaria.
    Starting at midnight today, the state will be in lockdown for the next 2 weeks with only the most urgent trips possible.

It’s sad that this drastic but utmost necessity step has been made, largely because of people not listening to the government‘s advice.
    No, they had to sit in the crowded beergardens like nothing is wrong.
    The young (and braindead) purposely coughed at the elderly and shouting „corona“, bbq‘s were also quite popular in public spaces.

It disgusts me how egoistic and wreckless my countrymen really are. Especially after taking into consideration that we’ve already been alerted to possibly be „deployed“ X-(
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,363MI6 Agent
    Deployed in what sense?
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 2,109MI6 Agent
    All actions have consequences and so they do in Bavaria.
    Starting at midnight today, the state will be in lockdown for the next 2 weeks with only the most urgent trips possible.

It’s sad that this drastic but utmost necessity step has been made, largely because of people not listening to the government‘s advice.
    No, they had to sit in the crowded beergardens like nothing is wrong.
    The young (and braindead) purposely coughed at the elderly and shouting „corona“, bbq‘s were also quite popular in public spaces.

It disgusts me how egoistic and wreckless my countrymen really are. Especially after taking into consideration that we’ve already been alerted to possibly be „deployed“ X-(

Sadly the same in the UK. Too many people in denial and just being socially irresponsible. A work colleague has just told me he's going shopping and drinking this weekend as the Government hasn't said he can't. He also said because he's young, he won't be affected too badly. You can imagine what I felt like doing... X-(

We have also had children coughing and spitting at passers by. :(
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 788MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Deployed in what sense?

There is the possibility of „cooperation between authorities“, meaning that whenever the bavarian or german government ask for it, the army will be assisting in many ways.
    „Deployment“ may sound too dramatical.
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    I understand . The Norwegian Home Guard (National Guard/Territorial Army) is already being used on Oslo airport and at border crossings to check passengers. They are given limited police powers to assist the police.
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 520MI6 Agent
    Since I'm in Canada, saw this on the CBC about a 25 year old who tested positive and got pretty sick.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/coronavirus-patient-1.5502501

Side note, my wife and are self-isolating best we can and only going to pick up grocery orders we've done online. Luckily both of us can work from home with really no impact.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,786Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    What do you teach, if I may ask?

Well, as my screen name and avatar should suggest. . .British Victorian literature (actually pretty much all Brit Lit from the Romantics to the present day).
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    I have to admit I never saw the connection. It sounds like a good job since there's a lot of great litterature to chose from.
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    We have also had children coughing and spitting at passers by. 

Well that is a lovely thought
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 31,775Chief of Staff
    All pubs, cafés, restaurants closed in UK as of tonight.
  • Cdennis55Cdennis55 Posts: 77MI6 Agent
    Here in Madrid it all happened so fast. I teach English here. Schools closed last Wednesday, bars and restaurants on Friday, lockdown Saturday. Luckily we have dogs, so we can be outside, but even then they’ve since imposed a 20 meter from your apartment rule. They’re not joking. So many fines and arrests. Can’t remember who said it earlier, but it’s true about choosing younger to live. I’ve a doctor friend here, and they’ve been instructed to chose “those most likely to survive.” It’s so messed up. And Spain was better prepared than the US, and look at us now. My sister is 33, has asthma, and is a cervival cancer survivor. She wouldn’t survive this. I hate this thing. And for the young people, myself included (I’m 30), it’s getting more and more of us daily. It’s no longer become an older person with underlying conditions thing. Yesterday a civil guard with no preexisting conditions passed. Also a friend of my girlfriend’s brother. He was a healthy, non smoking 28 year old. Wish you gents the best of luck.
    These are tragic times indeed. I just saw a report from Italy. They're the hardest hit country so far and their health system is in danger of collapsing.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,423MI6 Agent
    c52d0cc7b0.jpg
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 2,473MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Well, as my screen name and avatar should suggest. . .British Victorian literature (actually pretty much all Brit Lit from the Romantics to the present day).
    I always assumed you were named after Frank and Joe Hardy!
  • UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    Just started my 12 week self isolation, the full boxed set of Spooks is on BBC catchup so along with 24 Bond films hopefully the time will pass quickly :-)
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, GF, SF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,568MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Hardyboy wrote:
    I always assumed you were named after Frank and Joe Hardy!

Yeah, didn’t they sing “Da Doo Run Run”?
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    No, he's a litterature man. His name in AJB is a obviously a tribute to the Hardy Boys :D
    Just started my 12 week self isolation, the full boxed set of Spooks is on BBC catchup so along with 24 Bond films hopefully the time will pass quickly :-)
    Are you really isolating 12 weeks? I pray ours isn’t that long. I’m in an apartment. Luckily all my friends back home have a yard at least.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 2,473MI6 Agent
    I always assumed [Hardyboy was] named after Frank and Joe Hardy!
    superado wrote:
    Yeah, didn’t they sing “Da Doo Run Run”?
    woah that's a popculture rabbit hole, I had to do some online sleuthing of my own to get!
    Shaun Cassidy played Joe in the late70s Hardy Boys teevee series I never even knew existed, and he did indeed record a cover of “Da Doo Run Run” round the same time!
    awesome history lesson!
    Hardyboy, you should add superado to your faculty because he obviously has deep knowledge of the truly important stuff!
    and I'm sorry, i just started a new page of this serious thread with a very silly post.

I've been working from home for three days, since my employers finally acknowledged I was not in fact an essential service. I'd been telling them that for a week, I'd been getting really scared travelling by public transit, which is always filthy and overcrowded. The nature of my job, the software I use, the database connections I depend on, makes actually working from home not technically possible however, but I am thinking real hard about work.

Our Prime Minister the other day announced a huge emergency aid package for people who've lost their jobs from all the business layoffs due to the virus. People in the service sector especially, who live paycheck to paycheck, are really going to suffer. Toronto is a very expensive city even if you do have a secure fulltime job. There was a news story tonight: the banks have been telling their customers mortgage payments must continue like its business as usual. If this keeps up some people are going to lose their homes, economic tragedies even for those who remain otherwise healthy.

And starting tonight, Canada is actually closing the border to the States for all inessential travel, mostly just leaving trucks able to get through to make deliveries, Unprecedented.
    Just reading that people in the US are lining up in front of gunstores.
    I am fearing that if the situation there is getting close to what we see in Italy, we'll see horrible things happening, particularly if people run out of food/money/other supplies.

I sincerely hope that I am entirely wrong on that front.

It’s unreal. I’m from Oklahoma. Imagine how many “They tried to take food, my livelihood! I had no other choice!” Defenses there will be.
    “Mr. Whitford, you shot a man in Wal-Mart as you were both reaching for a package of Doritos...”
    Higgins wrote:
    Just reading that people in the US are lining up in front of gunstores.
    I am fearing that if the situation there is getting close to what we see in Italy, we'll see horrible things happening, particularly if people run out of food/money/other supplies.

I sincerely hope that I am entirely wrong on that front.
    Takes „law abiding citizens“ to an entirely new level :s

I wonder how many of those people bought guns and ammo before they even thought of getting anti-bac soap?
    And toiletpaper.....

The wikipedia on the 2019-20 Corona virus pandemic is actually good for tracking the Development all over the world.

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_coronavirus_pandemic[/url]
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    There is an old legend here in Finland: A man takes his family into wilderness. He works like a madman to make life and survive the hardship. Plows a field where there was forest, lives through hunger and deprivation. Then, one spring he sees a bough floating down the stream, it's clear that it was cut off with a knife. So he grabs his ax, gets into his boat and rows upstream. When he finally found his new neighbour, he walked to him, kiĺled him and his family. Just to have his peace... These are Finnish national heroes, social distancing is second nature to us...
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    thumb-up-terminator_pablo_M_R.jpg
    I have a question for everyone:
    What is the most controversial ordisliked anti-Corona measure in your country?

In Norway it's not allowed to stay overnight in your cabin. :o
This discussion has been closed.