Omega Service/Refurbishment

2»

Comments

• km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    drum007 wrote:
    km1fdm wrote:
    Those that have recently had service, is the turnaround time decent now? I know it was really long for a while. I have a SMP in need of service. My local boutique doesn’t even have the James Bond issue of the magazine, so maybe there are still shipping issues. :))

I took mine in for a servicing (NYC store) last week and also inquired about the magazine. Got a phone call from them yesterday and they were happy to mail me a copy. As for turn around, they told me 8-12 weeks for a typical servicing.

I guess that’s a little better turnaround than I heard before. Still no magazine at my boutique, and when I asked if they can set one aside for me when they come in, they didn’t seem too interested.. hope I can find one eventually!
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    Has anyone ever gotten a loaner watch from Omega while theirs was getting serviced? I had asked a clerk at a boutique once and he said it was actually a thing they did, but I can’t imagine that being real. Was he pulling my leg? Is it his store only? 2-3 months is a long time to let someone borrow something.
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,129MI6 Agent
    JET007 wrote:
    Has anyone ever gotten a loaner watch from Omega while theirs was getting serviced? I had asked a clerk at a boutique once and he said it was actually a thing they did, but I can’t imagine that being real. Was he pulling my leg? Is it his store only? 2-3 months is a long time to let someone borrow something.

Nice idea but never heard of it? Can't imagine how the insurance would work and customer would probably have to pay a security deposit. If it's anything like hiring or loaning a car for a longer period, the paperwork would be lengthy with the customer taking responsibility for any scratches etc. Think I would rather just wear any other watch than have all that hanging over me.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    JET007 wrote:

Nice idea but never heard of it? Can't imagine how the insurance would work and customer would probably have to pay a security deposit. If it's anything like hiring or loaning a car for a longer period, the paperwork would be lengthy with the customer taking responsibility for any scratches etc. Think I would rather just wear any other watch than have all that hanging over me.

They wouldn’t need a deposit...they have your watch! :))
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    They always (often) do that for cars, you don't need a deposit , of course they don't loan you the last nice car of the collection !!!
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Rolex do or used to loan you an old Tudor watch when you went into St James to drop your watch off for a service. I got some dreadful watch once, totally unwearable :))
    Yes. Considerably!
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    Peppermill wrote:
    Not a good experience with this watchmaker, so my other Omega will be serviced somewhere else. If anyone knows a good Omega service center in the Netherlands, please let me know.

Will let you know in a while. My Seamaster is currently being serviced / revised by the Almere servicepoint.