AJB live commentary on TLD

1111213141517»

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Not one tear will I shed, just like Dalton, but which film do you think we should watch next?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I lean towards LTK to get you all even more annoyed and suffering and to get over with Dalton.

Seeing how well LTK is by comparison will ultimately silence all voices who claim how great TLD is.

GE would also be a good idea so that we can see what a good Bond entry of a new actor can look like, followed by TWINE or DAD.
    Then CR is a must imo
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Barbel wrote:
    Boob alert!

Is my memory playing tricks, or have I seen her full frontal nude at once in the past?
    On my Blu Ray, you can see her frontal (but it seems to be cropped so that) you can't see any nudity and then her full body from the side.
    I remember it differently - and yes, I have double-checked this morning ;%

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    There is a full frontal on mine.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    I have the feeling that they enlarged that shot to a point where you can‘t see anything anymore. You basically can only see her face on my Blu Ray.

But I have an older one (which was very rare back then - I have no idea why) will check this.

Barbel, thinking about keeping this stickie and move to the James Bond Films section.

It makes new Timboys think again before posting nonsense and I can easily find this thread and using it as a reference instead of engaging into a discussion.

But then my postcount will not grow anymore - I need to stick with the politics then only.....

You should seriously think about posting less anyway. That way everyone is happy.
    Well, in that case, I should post a little more :D

Please, no.

I think we should persist with our pattern and pick a Pierce, pronto please.
    Persist with our pattern that we are watching 2 movies from each actor in a row :v

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent
    It's always a pleasure to watch one of Dalton's Bonds, but your reason for us to do so is a bad one. I say we watch GE or TND, then DAD.
    I agree with N24.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Persist with our pattern that we are watching 2 movies from each actor in a row :v

I'd be happy with LTK. Then we'd have 20ish films (however many we have to go) to watch Dalton free to finish off the series.

...to be completely honest, I really don’t mind Dalton’s films. Buuuuut those feelings aren’t really echoed around these parts so let’s get LTK over and done with!
    Number24 wrote:
    It's always a pleasure to watch one of Dalton's Bonds, but your reason for us to do so is a bad one. I say we watch GE or TND, then DAD.

And who stood up to defend me when everybody pressured me to watching TLD with the only reason to seeing me suffering and made great fun of it? :D

I wanted to watch LTK instead of TLD yesterday, something I made Clear in several posts.
    In my opinion it's smart to spread the films of the different actors over time, so I'd like to watch a couple of Brosnan's now and happily return to LTK later.
    I think they’ve suffered enough. Many TimBoys went to bed emulating their hero last night by crying into their pillows. When faced with the savage evidence that is TLD, everything they thought was true now lies in ruins and dust.
    Thank God we're so mature. If we weren't this thread could become embarrasing :p
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,965MI6 Agent
    I admit to being, still, a quasi-Timboy on the basis of LTK and the whole early, tense sniper sequence in TLD adapted directly from Fleming's short story, 'The Living Daylights'. Overall, though, I don't really much like TLD. As for which film next, I'd also say it should probably be a Brosnan, but not his first, since there's already been a number of 'firsts' in the viewing schedule thus far (DN, OHMSS and TLD). I think we should also avoid DAD for the time being, as it's widely panned and we've only just seen TLD which obviously was felt as a bit of a slog. That would leave either TND or TWINE. For my money, TND feels a bit like it's in the Lewis Gilbert-ish tradition and TWINE feels a bit like it's in the John Glen-ish tradition, but that's just my personal feeling about those two films, and we've recently seen films made by both. End of the day, I'm personally easy about seeing any of the remaining Bond films :-)
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.

“ woops that was a nr2 dropping into my pants - hope that she doesn‘t realize“

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    edited April 2021
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

how do you delete images from posts now?

I didn't know you share Higgins' facination with Timothy Dalton 😏

😂😂 I'm not sure that anyone is quite as fascinated with TD as Higgins, given that he's revisiting this thread to post memes of his hero...

Maybe the thread is mutating 😬