So will the theme song still be the theme song?

JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
Given the uncertainty of when NTTD will actually get released, if it ends up being a far way from here, then do you think they will still keep Billie Eilish's song?

It will be an old song in people's minds by then. (Well not "old" but "out of date" or "not fresh" or whatever).

Maybe they will still use the song but it's a newer edited version of it?
1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Comments

• Bmorelli11Bmorelli11 Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    I think if the film is "in the vault and completed" the theme song will remain as it is. I don't think we're in for a new song or a variation on what has already been released. Just my two cents!
    You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I'm with Bobby. I'm sure the song in the film is going to stay the same.

But maybe they will release a new edit for radio. I think that would be a great way to promote the song and the film with something fresh.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    Let's also remember that the released singles are usually a little different than the one playing over the titles. (I think I've heard at least three different mixes of "You Know My Name" out in the world)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,703MI6 Agent
    We have to keep in mind that Billie Eilish's consert tour is delayed. It seems likely consert arenas and and cinemas will be opened at around the same time. Then her conserts and NTTD will help each other, just like they were supposed to do in April. I also imagine there is a contract between Billie Eilish and EON that makes it difficult for EON to replace her song.
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent
    Cary Fukunaga was asked back in the winter on his social media account if there were any reshoots or changes made before the Pandemic started up. He said that thankfully, all of the post production work had been finished before the Corona Virus forced the closure of many film and television productions. He further elaborated that the production budget had been used up, so even if he wanted to make any changes he would not have the money needed to do so.

@Halfmonk HalfHitman: I agree, we could get an alternate edit of No Time To Die by the time it is released in cinemas. It certain would help to promote the movie.
  • BlindManBaldwinBlindManBaldwin Posts: 105MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    We have to keep in mind that Billie Eilish's consert tour is delayed. It seems likely consert arenas and and cinemas will be opened at around the same time. Then her conserts and NTTD will help each other, just like they were supposed to do in April. I also imagine there is a contract between Billie Eilish and EON that makes it difficult for EON to replace her song.

This is a really good point.

Yeah, they aren't going to change the song.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,537MI6 Agent
    edited May 2020
    They could have an end titles song, like TND has Surrender by K.D. Lang.

I saw a Twitter exchange with David Arnold some time ago where he agreed that you could have foreign language songs on the soundtrack as local Bond movie themes. I think he gave an example of a Japanese song being included on a Brosnan movie soundtrack sold in Japan. One more recent example of a local singer recording a song helping to promote a Bond film is Chinese pop princess Jane Zhang singing her cover of Writing's on the wall.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOK1BUY0zs4
  • clublosclublos Jacksonville, FLPosts: 193MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:

I saw a Twitter exchange with David Arnold some time ago where he agreed that you could have foreign language songs on the soundtrack as local Bond movie themes. I think he gave an example of a Japanese song being included on a Brosnan movie soundtrack sold in Japan. One more recent example of a local singer recording a song helping to promote a Bond film is Chinese pop princess Jane Zhang singing her cover of Writing's on the wall.

Wasn't that Sweetest Coma Again for TWINE?
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,537MI6 Agent
    clublos wrote:
    Someone wrote:

Wasn't that Sweetest Coma Again for TWINE?

Good knowledge, yes. I googled it and found this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im7cl2oMmaI
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,965MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    One more recent example of a local singer recording a song helping to promote a Bond film is Chinese pop princess Jane Zhang singing her cover of Writing's on the wall.

Thanks! That cover is great! The song sounds much better with a female vocal imho.

Any local variants aside, Billie Eilish's song for NTTD is in the can, on the film and already released and marketed. Even if it was possible to do so there'd be no reason to change it now, and to do so would be wrong.
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.