NTTD Socks

Has anyone managed to identify these socks that DC wears with the Matera outfit?

Matera-Socks-ii.jpg
Matera-Socks-i.jpg

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    They look like Corgi.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    I’m wondering this also
  • Victor BVictor B Posts: 484MI6 Agent
    What Corgis please? I only found one model close enough. Still I do not think these are the ones

https://www.corgisocks.com/mens-socks/styles/plain/80-45-5299-mens-heel-and-toe-cotton-blend-socks/
    They’re probably last seasons. Corgi change patterns very regularly.
    I’ve got a pair with the patterns going the other way.

712-D9685-8-EB8-49-B0-BF41-34-BDF3398-E25.jpg
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,326MI6 Agent
    This is closer from their current range, but, again, horizontal.

Corgi.jpg
    I grabbed a couple of pairs of these Fine Shadow Ribbed Socks from Falke in the Mr Porter sale.

Falke.jpg

I thought that whatsdanielwearing's Mr Ruzgar might have a scoop for us.
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Could it be Pantherella? Look up this model in Navy:

Santos
    1X1 SHADOW RIB - FIL D'ECOSSE SOCKS

https://www.pantherella.us/santos-8615
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited June 2020
    Is there a chance that the Bond in Motion exhibition will be shown again in London or in another city? just to ask if its possible to have a look at the socks
    but the Pantherellas looking very close
    I just got some of the Pantherellas, and I'd say they look pretty close - if nothing else the pattern is def correct. With the lighting in that photo from OP, it's hard to say for certain on the shade of blue.

I do find it interesting Bond would be wearing blue ribbed socks with a tan suit and dark brown shoes? Is he going for a match to the shirt with this choice?
    km1fdm wrote:
    I just got some of the Pantherellas, and I'd say they look pretty close - if nothing else the pattern is def correct. With the lighting in that photo from OP, it's hard to say for certain on the shade of blue.

I do find it interesting Bond would be wearing blue ribbed socks with a tan suit and dark brown shoes? Is he going for a match to the shirt with this choice?

I agree! The pattern is a perfect match, I brightened the picture a little so that you can better see the similarity of the weaving-pattern
    Matera1.jpgMatera2.png

regarding to the color: the movie still from the trailer shows that the blue is much lighter than in the picture from OP means it looks very similar to the navy color of the Santos model here
    Socks.jpg

good eye km1fdm and thank for the pictures Meesta Bawnd
    They look good but do I spend $70AUD on a single unconfirmed pair of socks? I own the rest of the outfit.
    £20 for shipping!!
    Noi wrote:
    km1fdm wrote:

I agree! The pattern is a perfect match, I brightened the picture a little so that you can better see the similarity of the weaving-pattern
    Matera1.jpgMatera2.png

regarding to the color: the movie still from the trailer shows that the blue is much lighter than in the picture from OP means it looks very similar to the navy color of the Santos model here
    Socks.jpg

Stripes look way off to me. Way way off.
    they look spot on to me.
    Asp9mm wrote:
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

Would have to agree—close but no cigar IMO.
    Noi wrote:
    km1fdm wrote:

Matera1.jpgMatera2.png

Socks.jpg

Very cool, I would have never seen the sock in the trailer! That blue def looks close if not the same exactly. Here are some shots from mine, diff lighting makes the color more washed out, much lighter / greyish as you can see, but they are very blue like in that trailer still.

IMG-4196.jpg

IMG-4197.jpg

Here it is pushed down a bit to create wrinkles like in OP photos.

IMG-4198.jpg

No idea if this is the one, but it's certainly close, and a nice dress sock.
    edited June 2020
    its very hard to tell what the final colour is, the socks look much lighter in the film-still because a spotlight shines on them, they look darker from the distance:

18569174-7472445-image-m-130-1568712771203.jpg
    socks2.jpg
    I received my Pantherella socks yesterday, and I think that the width of the stripes is narrower than the film ones. But the vividness of the blue of the Pantherellas looks the same as the close-up from your pic, Noi. I'm still waiting for the Falke pair to come from Mr Porter. But maybe the search continues...
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Pantherella checked with their PR company and e-commerce dept. and didn't find any proof that they supplied socks to NTTD. However, they did say that they certainly look alot like the 'Santos' and would be genuinely surprised if they weren't them.
    edited June 2020
    I have to admit that if they have no prove about that it seems unlikely that they are actually Pantherellas, but how many manufacturers are there to sell this fine shadow rip pattern? Haven't found that much
    I don't know if it's ever possible to find out the manufacturer's name, but if not the Pantherellas/Falke socks are the closest you can get
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    I have to admit that if they have no prove about that it seems unlikely that they are actually Pantherellas...

A lot of the time costume departments won’t go directly through the clothing company to get the pieces (eg TF, N.Peal collaborations), the costume designer might just go around to boutiques or department stores and pick things off the rack they like. You see it quite often—the companies are surprised when their pieces are ID’d in a film and they aren’t ready for the demand or it was a piece from a season or so ago that they had no intention of bringing back.
    Pantherella checked with their PR company and e-commerce dept. and didn't find any proof that they supplied socks to NTTD. However, they did say that they certainly look alot like the 'Santos' and would be genuinely surprised if they weren't them.

I love that a sock company was interested enough to dig into this. :)
    Here is comparison between the Pantherellas and Falke, you know the problems with photos but you can see that the blue of the Pantherellas are much stronger and the rips are wider

IMG-20200716-181302-304.jpgIMG-20200716-181352-431.jpgIMG-20200716-181401-447.jpgIMG-20200716-181502-033.jpgMVIMG-20200716-181229-059.jpg

there is no way the blue Falke socks looks as bright as in this still:
    Socks.jpg

and I would guess that the rips are to wide for Falke here
    Matera2.png

I'm still Team Pantherella -{