Small skyfall radio

13»

Comments

• pwalsh9012pwalsh9012 UKPosts: 189MI6 Agent

Yes realise that. Trouble is its so time consuming and costly. Doing it this way I can run off more blanks and make it more affordable to others. Seriously does your pic show how the originals would have looked prior to assembly? I can see where you're going with that though.

Another version of the same with a few mods for personal use only. Although you all say the LED was green. In the movie it looks more yellow so I went for the movie look.

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent

Yes, my pic shows exactly how the originals look prior to assembly. they are quite complicated, I also have reference of the internals as I had it taken apart in front of me.

I understand the way you have done things with the engraving and costs, though adding a faceplate to the front would have made it more SA and yes, more expense 😁I am a bit of a stickler for things being as SA as possible, it must be OCD or @rsehole syndrome 😁

I can be like sometime so I get it. I do have one we started with the faceplate, backplate and separate aerial housing but after considering how complicated it was getting we trashed the idea 😂

Wait until electronics come in to it 😂

Its ok having the reference, its then finding someone to work on the internals.

Just out of interest what was your guess on the dimensions ?

I'll message you...CLASSIFIED INFORMATION 😎

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent

They look excellent! I see what you mean about the engraving, but I think that’s fine; they capture the look, and we’ve seen that the originals were only made that way because of some unplanned changes to the design.

The designs that ASP posted were concept art drawn up from an idea, prop shop obviously got it and totally changed it because how its built it was never intended to flick out, the side containing the areal has to fit like that because of the internals.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent

ASP said the main body and the ‘aerial’ side were built by different suppliers- is that not correct then?

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited May 2022

What Pete said is correct. The main body was outsourced and CNC’d by a different supplier for sure as I have the CAD files still. PropShop used them all the time for that area of expertise. They are identical to the front and back Pete has shown in his picture here. You can see the hook like part where the swivel/hinge was supposed to go, but it’s been filed thinner. PropShop were renowned for cutting corners, but where along the fabrication process they decided to change it, I have no idea. As Pete says, more than likely when they were doing the internals. The side bar is a completely different animal to the one in the CAD files. The internals on the finished prop would never work with a swing out side arm.

Making the concept radio would be cool. But I have no reference to any internal workings they may have come up with for it. Just the externals. It’s a project for Petes huge back burner. And that’s not a euphemism.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Thanks Mate, appreciate that. The engraved lines are a bit deeper than seen on the 5 test pieces. I polished the blanks too much so need to be more careful next time.