QUANTUM Haiti Jacket

I am in the market for this type of jacket. I have been on the lookout for an alternative since it is tough to find an affordable original. I have checked out Iconic Alternatives and ROYALE, but ROYALE is sold out. Any suggestions?
"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC

Comments

• bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    I've been searching as well, I know I'm in the minority but I actually like the look of the Haiti jacket more than the Harrington. I don't have any good suggestions, I have tried the Dickies jacket and didn't like it at all and quickly sent it back, for one thing the fit was bad and the fabric way too rigid feeling. I have the cutter and buck jacket that is part of the IA piece and I really like it pretty well, the fit is nice and the weight is too. It is still available on Amazon I believe but not sure about sizes and such.
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    I couldn't agree more. I do like the Harrington, but it isn't my first choice. The Haiti jacket would be. I live in Arizona and a heavy jacket like the Dickies jacket you mentioned wouldn't likely be a good choice for me. I was thinking about trying it out, but not now. I don't mind a slightly rigid jacket, like how the waxed RGT jacket from NTTD, but again it has to make sense for me here. I have a lightweight Oakley bomber that is fine for the Phoenix climate when it cools off. I am not sure how familiar you are with Phoenix, but can get really cold here, but not for long periods of time. Many of my girlfriend's family lives in Maine so when we go there this winter I'll at least have a jacket for that type of colder climate. So eventually I will have to bite the bullet and buy a heavier jacket, but it will definitely be one that is in this style provided I can find one.
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    ye I missed the first run of Royal Filmwear and hope he will do a 2nd
    maybe you want to put your name on re-release list (Original Y3)
    https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/50561/y3-quantum-of-solace-jacket-reissue/
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    I sent Daniel a PM yesterday asking if he was thinking about redoing this one. Waiting on his response now.
    Gymkata wrote:
    I'm hoping that Royale does another run of this jacket. I own one from the last run and love it, but I actually need to go down a size. It's a killer jacket.