What Do We Think About the Aqua Terra?

2»

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Yeah I remember when Skyfall and the watches came out and I was in the UK and Far East. All the marketing everywhere was for the Planet Ocean which of course was not even screen accurate material wise. The Aqua Terra got no marketing at all really. I went with the Aqua Terra as preferred 2500 series PO
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    I like the Skyfall AT. Earlier, someone suggested that part of the problem is it's not used on screen as much.

That’s not true though. It’s worn for 80% of the film and does get some great screen shots. More than the PO even though that had the gratuitous screen lingering shot in the digger.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Where would you say it's got some great shots in Skyfall? I feel like if Omega hadn't told us it was there we'd be hunting down its ID like that watch that has five frames of screen time at the end of SPECTRE :))
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Yeah I have to disagree too. I can't think of any good and clear shots of the watch. Maybe there's one or two semi-discernible images. But they're not good enough to leave an impression like the other watches have. He might be wearing it but we're not really seeing it.

I'm sure Craig wore socks for at least 80% of the film too. Doesn't mean we got a good look at them.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    I wore mine to one of the six times I saw SF, the last being the traditional IMAX final night.

It is pretty visible in the underground chase and also when Bond takes the Jag...

My friends kept pointing it out everytime the AT was on screen
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Well I noticed pretty clearly as went and bought it straight after!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent
    Where would you say it's got some great shots in Skyfall? I feel like if Omega hadn't told us it was there we'd be hunting down its ID like that watch that has five frames of screen time at the end of SPECTRE :))

There are a few shots of the Aqua Terra in Skyfall where you get a fairly decent look:

SF3.jpg

SF4.jpg

SF1.jpg

SF2.jpg

This shot doesn't show it but in the film you can see it when his wrist is a bit higher:

SF5.jpg

All these pictures are from https://screenmusings.org/movie/blu-ray/Skyfall/index.htm.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    edited August 2020
    My least favorite of the Bond Omegas but it is certainly the dressiest.
    IMG-1215.jpg
    IMG-1213.jpg
    IMG-1210.jpg
    IMG-1208.jpg
    IMG-1219.jpg
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    I always loved that glimpse of the Omega clasp when Bond opened the box in the art gallery. It’s what persuaded me to buy my one.
    Yes. Considerably!
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent
    It is nice to see him in something other than a diving watch for a change.
  • CB0012CB0012 Posts: 110MI6 Agent
    For those with the Spectre model, do the polished center links make the watch harder to dress down?
  • BlueBludBlueBlud Posts: 251MI6 Agent
    CB0012 wrote:
    For those with the Spectre model, do the polished center links make the watch harder to dress down?

I don’t think so, I wear mine with jeans and T-shirt etc. All the time
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    I’ve had mine on an OEM dark blue leather strap since getting the NTTD on the bracelet. Really love the look!

31351540-75-A3-4752-80-BB-7486-A8-F77-AF7.jpg