DieCast DC Era - 1/18 Vantage V8

Hey guys, as we head closer and closer to NTTD, im starting to look for a Vantage V8 DieCast 1/18 scale.
ive got the Db10, DBS, and DB5 and want to complete my DC era Bond Car Collection.
Would any of you guys know of a Vantage v8 outthere? saw an auotart one but no longer available.
Pics and links would be much appreciated.
Thank you Everyone
Stay safe and healthy -{
Yes i did ride the CAT

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,705MI6 Agent
    It’s one car I’ve never seen a decent model of, sadly. Although the new NTTD slot racer actually looks the best representation of the shape I’ve seen!
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    Doesn't exist unfortunately. Closest thing I've seen is a Vantage in Cumberland Grey with red interior. But it's not the TLD V8 model. I would like this and the OHMSS DBS in Olive Green to complete my 1/18 collection.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Same.. was hoping Hot Wheels or Auto Art would not a correct one with the NTTD release..
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    Doesn't exist unfortunately. Closest thing I've seen is a Vantage in Cumberland Grey with red interior. But it's not the TLD V8 model. I would like this and the OHMSS DBS in Olive Green to complete my 1/18 collection.

mind posting pics of your 1/18 collection? im lining mine up for a photo hehe
    Yes i did ride the CAT
    yes me too
    i dont know if a good decision or not but im contemplating on getting a green one by GT spirit and then paying a scale collector to repaint it into dark grey... but still not sure on this move haha
    MFisher wrote:
    Same.. was hoping Hot Wheels or Auto Art would not a correct one with the NTTD release..
    86114.jpg
    Yes i did ride the CAT
    Hart008 wrote:
    yes me too
    i dont know if a good decision or not but im contemplating on getting a green one by GT spirit and then paying a scale collector to repaint it into dark grey... but still not sure on this move haha
    MFisher wrote:
    86114.jpg

Oh wow, I've not seen that before- I didn't know anyone made a decent AMV8 model. That one should have the Vantage side strakes you'd think as it's in Vantage spec.

Sadly to make it a NTTD car you'd need to change the wheels and remove the front splitter and replace with the standard front end, plus add foglights, overriders and the front grille, plus the Vantage side strakes too.
    To make it a TLD one you'd need to add a sunroof too.
    wow you certainly know what your talkin about haha, i was just thinkin make it grey hahaha
    emtiem wrote:
    Hart008 wrote:
    yes me too
    MFisher wrote:
    86114.jpg

Oh wow, I've not seen that before- I didn't know anyone made a decent AMV8 model. That one should have the Vantage side strakes you'd think as it's in Vantage spec.

Sadly to make it a NTTD car you'd need to change the wheels and remove the front splitter and replace with the standard front end, plus add foglights, overriders and the front grille, plus the Vantage side strakes too.
    To make it a TLD one you'd need to add a sunroof too.
    Yes i did ride the CAT
    Well painting it would certainly get it a lot closer! :)
    Here are some pics of my 1:18 DC era Aston martins, if you guys have any pics, would love to see your diecast Bond collections -{
    20200824-202047.jpg

IMG-20200824-202147-701.jpg

20200824-202034.jpg
    Yes i did ride the CAT
    My favourite is when all 3 are together ... was wondering where to find some cool Bond themed backgrounds to print out and put with my diecasts
    20200824-201954.jpg
    Yes i did ride the CAT
    Very nice! How about a Die Another Day Vanquish? That would sit well with them!
    Nice pics!

Unfortunately, my cars are currently safely stored in their boxes, due to space constraints (1/18 scale takes up so much shelf space!)
    Collection is as follows;

GF DB5
    FYEO Esprit (White)
    FYEO Esprit (Bronze)
    GE Z3
    TWINE Z8
    DAD Vanquish
    CR DBS
    SP DB10

To get;
    OHMSS DBS
    TSWLM Esprit
    TLD V8
    TND 850i
    CR DB5
    QoS DBS

This is the Cumberland Grey Vantage on ebay, closest I've seen. Right colour, wheels, but red interior and wrong front end. Also crazy price! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aston-Martin-V8-Vantage-1985-Cumberland-Grey-Autoart-1-18-NEU/333697640308?hash=item4db1ede774:g:6CYAAOSwtntfQmLB
    edited August 2020
    Ah nice, that's not bad at all (shame about the price!). Slightly fishy they'd do one in that colour as it doesn't seem a very popular colour for them- I'm not sure I've ever seen another in fact! :)

It looks like someone did at least do (or does) one with the right front end (albeit sans foglights), so I guess if you spend lots of money and effort you can put an accurate one together! :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cult-Models-1-18-Scale-Model-CML032-Aston-Martin-V8-Volante-Blue-Metallic/163297332169?hash=item2605478bc9:g:12AAAOSwjPJfCHZA

s-l1600.jpg

I think the bonnet bulge might be more correct to the TLD one on this one too.
    Ooh look, I know it's 1:43, but this one is a bit closer:

400137720.jpg

https://www.alpimodel.com/minichamps/400137720.html
    I feel like contacting some Chinese manufacturer with a picture and saying just produce that in 1/18 scale please! I'll pay you £30 per unit. I'm sure they could manufacture for about £5 each! :)) Of course there is the whole licencing issue, so a lot easier said than done..
    You'd imagine as long as they have a licence with Aston Martin (is that how it works with car models? I don't really know) there wouldn't be any reason you can't do one that happens to be in the same spec as the Bond car, but I imagine it doesn't work like that! :)
    Got some reading to do
    20200827-173922.jpg
    Yes i did ride the CAT
    Hart008 wrote:
    Got some reading to do
    20200827-173922.jpg

Nice :007)