TENET Clothing

I'd love some more assistance in identifying clothes from Tenet. Nolan has clearly borrowed the style from Bond including polos, chinos, and three-piece suits.

So far there seems to be-

John Smedley Mycroft Polo shirt in Grey
R&B Henley in Black

There's at least one more polo shirt on JDW and Robert Pattinson's wardrobe is also pretty nice.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    I did notice that the wardrobe wasn't super slim fit, but more regular fitted clothes like we've seen in NTTD.
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    I know from previous Nolan films - specifically Inception - that everyone's suits were fully bespoke. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same here.

And I wish I lived in a country where I could safely watch Tenet. Without, you know, potentially contributing to the spread of a pandemic. Sadly that's not the case. I miss the theater so much.

Without spoilers, how was Tenet?
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    Some theatres are opening here in Arizona this weekend. I will go see Tenet likely next weekend.
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • WouldntDreamofItWouldntDreamofIt Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    edited August 2020
    I liked Tenet, the final third is difficult to grasp and the dialogue was drowned out by the music in my screening. It is heavily Bond influenced. I want to see it again, but I think for a first viewing just take in the spectacle. The live-action stunts and choreography are brilliant!
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    I'd love some more assistance in identifying clothes from Tenet. Nolan has clearly borrowed the style from Bond including polos, chinos, and three-piece suits.

R&B Henley in Black

There's at least one more polo shirt on JDW and Robert Pattinson's wardrobe is also pretty nice.

Any help appreciated!

Wouldn’t you be better asking this in a ‘Tenet Clothing’ forum?

Or is this place just becoming ‘General Conversations About Any Films Clothing etc’ forum now?

Saw Tenet yesterday. It was excellent but disappointed they all died at the end. Was hoping there would be a sequel. Thoughts?
    Yes. Considerably.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    If that’s a legitimate plot point Ferinstal, can you please edit it out. The film has only been out for a very short time in limited areas—not a lot of us have seen the movie so we don’t need spoilers! :(
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Agreed - please remove that if it’s true or put a spoiler alert on it.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    If that’s a legitimate plot point Ferinstal, can you please edit it out. The film has only been out for a very short time in limited areas—not a lot of us have seen the movie so we don’t need spoilers! :(

It’s not! I wouldn’t do that to any of ya! :)

Guess I should have put lots of emojis after it!

Besides, they’re all ghosts and it was him, not his mother who killed the girl in the shower and I’m Spartacus...
    Yes. Considerably.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Ferinstal wrote:

Or is this place just becoming ‘General Conversations About Any Films Clothing etc’ forum now?

We occasionally deal with Bond adjacent/espionage themed films since the clothing experts are more likely to see it here than the Off Topic Forum.

Examples include the Mission Impossible and Man from UNCLE films.
    Ferinstal wrote:

R&B Henley in Black

Any help appreciated!

Personally I see no problem with it, same with the MI and Man from uncle clothing threads. It seems like we've pretty much ID'ed most of NTTD's wardrobe and after that who knows when we'll be getting new Bond threads. Why not branch out into other Bond-esque spy films that use similar brands and looks we could incorporate amongst all our Bond clothes.
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    Amen to that.
    Ferinstal wrote:

R&B Henley in Black

Any help appreciated!

Personally I see no problem with it, same with the MI and Man from uncle clothing threads. It seems like we've pretty much ID'ed most of NTTD's wardrobe and after that who knows when we'll be getting new Bond threads. Why not branch out into other Bond-esque spy films that use similar brands and looks we could incorporate amongst all our Bond clothes.
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
    IMG-2025.jpg
    The gloves look like the NTTD Mil-tec in olive, dont think they are though.
  • naynaynaynaynaynay Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Stumbled on here googling for an answer as I have just seen Tenet and I’m obsessed with their fashion choices.
    For me, some of the main characters were based on an era and I need to know that I’m not imagining it!!
    Protagonist - Modern/Current
    Neil - 40s - his brown and white shoes, his baggy panted suits
    Kat - 50s - Belted pencil dress, structures pencil skirt suits
    Mahir - 70s - brown leather jacket, patterned shirts with large collars

Am I looking into this too much or am I a genius? Hahaha
    IMG-2025.jpg

I don’t know if it’s even mechanically possible, but it would have been really cool if Hamilton’s limited edition Tenet BeLOWZERO had both the regular movement and a digital display like the film watch.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    IMG-2025.jpg

I don’t know if it’s even mechanically possible, but it would have been really cool if Hamilton’s limited edition Tenet BeLOWZERO had both the regular movement and a digital display like the film watch.

Agreed. The film used watches bring new meaning to ana-digi. I would love to see the specs for the prop watches, assuming they aren't just visual effects.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited October 2020
    The Hamilton YouTube channel has an interview with the Tenet Production Designer. He explains that Hamilton built the watches for real and he’s holding them and shows off the countdown feature. Pretty cool

https://youtu.be/kKjksz2QHsA

Also this GQ article touches on how the watch was made, essentially removing the mechanical movement with a digital one.

https://www.gq.com/story/hamilton-tenet-watch
    kadd wrote:
    The Hamilton YouTube channel has an interview with the Tenet Production Designer. He explains that Hamilton built the watches for real and he’s holding them and shows off the countdown feature. Pretty cool

https://youtu.be/kKjksz2QHsA

Also this GQ article touches on how the watch was made, essentially removing the mechanical movement with a digital one.

https://www.gq.com/story/hamilton-tenet-watch

Oh cool so the digital display was real. It looks great on the physical watches the production designer is holding in the video!

Wish Hamilton did find a way to have the digital display while keeping the mechanical movement though—that would have been an awesome watch to have. Even a limited edition BeLOWZERO that just featured the digital display and not a mechanical movement would have been good.