£10,000 Cash Reward Offered For The Recovery Of Stolen James Bond Guns

2»

Comments

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,216MI6 Agent

Given that Bond is one of the most enduring and iconic characters in film history, and the interest generated by for example the Bond cars on Top Gear, I'm still surprised by how low-key the theft has been treated.

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 4,223MI6 Agent
    edited April 2

It did get a fair bit of coverage at the time, but as John has said, interest has faded a bit now in the media because they like a fresh story. I don't know how you spark it again, really. It must be a horrible situation.

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 25,314Chief of Staff
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,020MI6 Agent

I am saddened to hear about this.

I have an idea which might perhaps be of some help. Could you contact the prison service and ask that they post the details of the crime, what was stolen and (most importantly) the reward? If this was able to be done and 'advertised' through the prison population, there is a chance that some one might know where the guns are - or what happened to them?

Your word that no questions would be asked for their return might get a result?

I don't know if the prison service could help in this way but it will cost nothing to find out.

I have just looked online and see there is a newspaper for Prisoners in the UK. Perhaps you could consider contacting them to get the story in to the newspaper? It gets to 85,000 prisoners! You could even put an advertisement in this newspaper?

https://www.magzter.com/GB/CPUK-Print-Publishing-Ltd/Jail-Mail-UK-–--Prison-Newspaper/Newspaper/

• Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,673MI6 Agent

All of this is frustrating, especially, Donk, since you and Dodgy and others are so very kind and helpful to everyone at AJB. I will "take out" with a double-tap anyone I find involved in this heinous crime.

We cruise New Orleans, Key West and The Bahamas for Bond locations in October. Join us! See our YouTube Events Channel for more!
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,118MI6 Agent
    edited April 26

After 13 months rusting in the wilderness, the Police have returned what is left of the Llama. A good solid day of buffing with wire wool has removed the rust and left only mild pitting but it's still pretty heart breaking considering this pistol had previously been used by Robert Shaw with the grips blacked out, Lotte Lenya and Daniella Bianchi in 1963's classic From Russia With Love, had its blued finish polished off for Sir Roger Moore as Ffolkes in 1980's North Sea Hijack and Pierce Brosnan in 2002's Die Another Day .... and of course was also thigh holstered by Rachael Grant.

My hope is a donor pistol can be sourced in Spain to replace the missing barrel and slide. If anyone has one deactivated in any condition, for sale? please contact me. Thank you.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 4,223MI6 Agent

Sorry to see that, John. The history is fascinating, I had no idea it was used in FRWL too.

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 25,314Chief of Staff

Leaves you with an overwhelming sense of sorrow...best of luck, Donk 🍸

YNWA 97
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,735MI6 Agent

Knowing Donk's skills by the time it's completed it will look better than the original 🍸️

One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 1,989MI6 Agent

Best of luck with it Donk.👍️

"Any of the opposition around..?"