No Time to Die delayed until October 8th, 2021

1568101113

Comments

  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 25,265Chief of Staff
    Asp9mm wrote:
    I’d be astounded if they release it before August now.

    Unfortunately I agree :#
    YNWA 96
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,571MI6 Agent
    I thinking November 2021.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,581MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    HowardB wrote:
    IMO, I think if all goes well with the vaccine, EON will go back to the traditional mid to late November release date for NTTD.

    It's probably the likeliest outcome but I can't help thinking Craig's swan song as Bond will feel like very old news by that point, mostly because of the two prior marketing pushes — but also because of everything else young and exciting (The Batman, Black Panther 2, etc) on the horizon.

    As long as things are close to being back to normal, and by normal I mean going to the movies is safe, I think if NTTD is good, people will come out to see it. Bond is a tradition and I believe people will have a hunger to get back to the traditional things of the past that they enjoy. The other thing is we are talking about the general public, not the sampling of Bond fanatics who frequent the AJB and have been obsessing about this film for a multitude of reasons for what seems like years (actually it has been years :)) ).
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,911MI6 Agent
    True, Bond movies have a history of causing people to come out :v
  • BlindManBaldwinBlindManBaldwin Posts: 104MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:
    HowardB wrote:
    IMO, I think if all goes well with the vaccine, EON will go back to the traditional mid to late November release date for NTTD.

    It's probably the likeliest outcome but I can't help thinking Craig's swan song as Bond will feel like very old news by that point, mostly because of the two prior marketing pushes — but also because of everything else young and exciting (The Batman, Black Panther 2, etc) on the horizon.

    As long as things are close to being back to normal, and by normal I mean going to the movies is safe, I think if NTTD is good, people will come out to see it. Bond is a tradition and I believe people will have a hunger to get back to the traditional things of the past that they enjoy. The other thing is we are talking about the general public, not the sampling of Bond fanatics who frequent the AJB and have been obsessing about this film for a multitude of reasons for what seems like years (actually it has been years :)) ).

    I agree with all of this.

    I also would like to add, if the film is good then people will see it. This is kind of a simple, "no s***, Sherlock" thing to say, but I think it's important. Post-COVID, if there is a good film in a theater that is fun and everyone enjoys, it'll make bank because people will be talking about it.
  • tsholdtshold TorontoPosts: 158MI6 Agent
    I went and saw Tenet during the height on the pandemic here in Toronto and it was no problem - we all were spaced out, we all had masks on ...is it the same as when times were 'normal'? No...but it was pretty darn close to feeling like it was normal once the movie started.
    Shop the latest thing from the SIS Training Collection!
    https://sistraininggear.com
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    tshold wrote:
    I went and saw Tenet during the height on the pandemic here in Toronto and it was no problem - we all were spaced out, we all had masks on ...is it the same as when times were 'normal'? No...but it was pretty darn close to feeling like it was normal once the movie started.
    Maybe, but Tenet did not perform as well as expected / hoped. Too many people will avoid the theaters as long as Covid-19 is a threat.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,147MI6 Agent
    A part of Tenet's problem was that it got mediocre reviews. At 71% on Rotten Tomatoes, it's the lowest rated Nolan-directed film ever.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,571MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    A part of Tenet's problem was that it got mediocre reviews. At 71% on Rotten Tomatoes, it's the lowest rated Nolan-directed film ever.

    That’s part of it. But not the big part. I’m posting on a James Bond forum, so obviously not just a “casual Bond fan”, and I would not see NTTD in a theater during the pandemic. They’ve waited this long. Might as well just ride it out and make their money.
  • istrapistrap MelbournePosts: 1MI6 Agent
    Anyone one knows the watch name worn by James bond in the last chapter? I think it inspire from apple smart watch
  • HalconHalcon Zen TemplePosts: 473MI6 Agent
    The UK is locking down again due to a covid mutation, stocks are sinking....etc

    ...not sure if I will ever see the new Bond in theaters...
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,124MI6 Agent
    People here have suggested a November 2021 release for NTTD but that would put it into direct competition with MI:7. Talk about a box office dogfight.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,911MI6 Agent
    Halcon wrote:
    The UK is locking down again due to a covid mutation, stocks are sinking....etc

    ...not sure if I will ever see the new Bond in theaters...

    I'm 100% sure we will, it's only a question of when. Theatre survived the Spanish Flu and that pandemic killed more people than world war one.
  • BlindManBaldwinBlindManBaldwin Posts: 104MI6 Agent
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mgm-enlists-advisors-to-explore-sale-report?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

    As the Joker says: "And here we go"
    MGM appears to be getting closer to formally exploring a sale.

    Hollywood giant has enlisted Morgan Stanley and LionTree LCC to serve as advisors in the process, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing unnamed sources. A studio spokesperson declined to comment on the article.


    MGM's 25th installment in the Bond series, No Time to Die, was delayed from its Nov. 12 release date to April 2, 2021 as the pandemic has kept many theaters shuttered domestically. The studio had held talks with Apple about picking up the title, with the tech giant said to have considered an offer in the $350 million to $400 million range for the 007 film, sources told The Hollywood Reporter for an Oct. 27 story.

  • 005005 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Halcon wrote:
    The UK is locking down again due to a covid mutation, stocks are sinking....etc

    ...not sure if I will ever see the new Bond in theaters...

    I'm 100% sure we will, it's only a question of when. Theatre survived the Spanish Flu and that pandemic killed more people than world war one.

    Was there some other way to watch films back in those days? Was streaming around 100 years ago?
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,911MI6 Agent
    edited December 2020
    50 million died and they had books and reccord players.
    Your point about streaming is a good one. But the Spanish Flu was much worse than Covid-19 is likely to get. While books and reccord players did not offer an experience as close to theatre as streaming does to the cinema, I think it's close enough considering how horrible the pandemic a century ago was.
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,107MI6 Agent
    Really wish that MGM was not having financial issues again, No Time To Die has already had to deal with enough issues delaying its release.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,581MI6 Agent
    Depending on who MGM is sold to it could be better for EON in the long run. MGM and their financial problems have been a thorn in the side of EON on too many occasions.

    As far as a further delay in release for NTTD, I think that is more effected by COVID than what's going on with MGM.

    For those who have postulated that if Apple were to purchase MGM that would automatically mean that NTTD will automatically go to streaming, think again. Just because another entity purchases MGM, I do not believe that would automatically render any contractual/legal agreement that EON had with MGM null and void.
    If EON has final say over how Bond films are released it would remain that way.
    Any changes would need to be negotiated or at worst, hammered out in court.
  • BlindManBaldwinBlindManBaldwin Posts: 104MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Depending on who MGM is sold to it could be better for EON in the long run. MGM and their financial problems have been a thorn in the side of EON on too many occasions.

    As far as a further delay in release for NTTD, I think that is more effected by COVID than what's going on with MGM.

    For those who have postulated that if Apple were to purchase MGM that would automatically mean that NTTD will automatically go to streaming, think again. Just because another entity purchases MGM, I do not believe that would automatically render any contractual/legal agreement that EON had with MGM null and void.
    If EON has final say over how Bond films are released it would remain that way.
    Any changes would need to be negotiated or at worst, hammered out in court.

    Yeah, I don't think this will change much in short-term. Have seen speculation that Apple could, in fact, want a theatrical release to signal to filmmakers/industry they aren't going to pull an AT&T.
  • Felicity SteveFelicity Steve Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    [Deleted by Bärbel. Purest spam.]
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,161MI6 Agent
    [Deleted by Bärbel. Purest spam.]

    :)) :)) :)) There's no mention of Bond on that website but, hilariously, its contact address is a hotel in Manchester which is getting the worst reviews ever on TripAdvisor :)) :)) :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Jflynn2112Jflynn2112 Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    As April gets closer it seems increasingly unlikely that this will be the release date, huh?

    Significant vaccine rollout won’t take place until at least feb, at least and this current lockdown is lasting until then anyway.

    I’m prepping myself for a November release.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,911MI6 Agent
    I think we'll see release in the summer (first time since LTK, I believe) or in November. I agree April looks unlikely now.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 766MI6 Agent
    I don’t understand why EoN/MGM, etc. are still holding onto the April release. In any case, it won’t work: either cinemas are still closed bc we obviously won’t have vaccinated enough people or if they’re open, people will still hold back with going out.

    I‘ve said it before: they should just delay it indefinitely and not stick a new label on it every couple of months just to call it all off again just a few weeks prior whilst being in full swing marketing...again.
    The name is Walker by the way.

    IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 4,166MI6 Agent
    I don’t understand why EoN/MGM, etc. are still holding onto the April release. In any case, it won’t work: either cinemas are still closed bc we obviously won’t have vaccinated enough people or if they’re open, people will still hold back with going out.

    I‘ve said it before: they should just delay it indefinitely and not stick a new label on it every couple of months just to call it all off again just a few weeks prior whilst being in full swing marketing...again.

    I guess there's no real reason to postpone until they absolutely, definitely have to- it's not like they're losing any money by holding the April date. The only incentive is to bag another release date before another big film does, but I'm sure there's space.

    Nice to see you post by the way August, I feel like I haven't seen you in a while.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 766MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    I don’t understand why EoN/MGM, etc. are still holding onto the April release. In any case, it won’t work: either cinemas are still closed bc we obviously won’t have vaccinated enough people or if they’re open, people will still hold back with going out.

    I‘ve said it before: they should just delay it indefinitely and not stick a new label on it every couple of months just to call it all off again just a few weeks prior whilst being in full swing marketing...again.

    I guess there's no real reason to postpone until they absolutely, definitely have to- it's not like they're losing any money by holding the April date. The only incentive is to bag another release date before another big film does, but I'm sure there's space.

    Nice to see you post by the way August, I feel like I haven't seen you in a while.


    I just think it would be for the best to „call it off“ in time and not when they already are in the middle of a new marketing campaign with lots of new stuff. Because we‘ve seen so much already.

    Yes, back at a more frequent posting on here. My Instagram-page I set up in April was really time consuming the last weeks. Had a virtual advent calendar going on with a new collectible behind every day‘s door....Taking a break now from that, probably till the end of the month :007)
    The name is Walker by the way.

    IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 263MI6 Agent
    Er-IIla-NXMAAZspw.jpg

    New still. If only this movie came out...
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 347MI6 Agent
    [Deleted by Bärbel. Purest spam.]

    :)) :)) :)) There's no mention of Bond on that website but, hilariously, its contact address is a hotel in Manchester which is getting the worst reviews ever on TripAdvisor :)) :)) :))

    As a manc, I'm curious what hotel was mentioned. Dare I ask?
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,345MI6 Agent
    Er-IIla-NXMAAZspw.jpg

    New still. If only this movie came out...

    Sig P226 in his hand?
Sign In or Register to comment.