Split prop and wear(cloth, shoes watches etc) categories

Hello,
I am interested in props, and it's not easy to find interesting threads in middle of so many fashion threads, watches, eyeglass, shoes or cloth, not interesting for me.
I was thinking it should be good to make a separate category for the cloth and fashion showing existing brands or specific suits worn, and the props, guns spy gadgets, very specific from bond movies.
This way I (and many other, like Kan maybe) would already know which category to watch and participate.

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    We mods can only jump small buildings at a single bound. Only SiCo could open a new category as you seem to be suggesting, and his appearances here are few and far between. This means he has a list of things to do while he's here, and while I'll try to draw his attention to your idea I can't guarantee anything.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    This has been mentioned before and SiCo was very reticent in creating more forums or sub-forums back then...
    YNWA 97
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    I think it’s needed. I’ve tried to find threads loads of times that I’ve got updates for and they’ve been buried.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Asp9mm wrote:
    I think it’s needed. I’ve tried to find threads loads of times that I’ve got updates for and they’ve been buried.

I agree...plus there are a couple of other tweaks that could be done...but it’s all about getting hold of SiCo...
    YNWA 97
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    I initially didn’t want to over do the number of forums in order to reduce the number of potential dead spots on the site.

If you think a new forum is required I will have a chat with the mods.
    Simon
    Badly needed for us prop fans. Thanks Simon.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited October 2020
    Asp9mm wrote:

I agree that a split is needed.

Barbel may support the idea, we could get rid of the James Bond Music section to keep the forum sleek :D :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    So there is also another post here: https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/52231/suggestion-bond-x-memorabilia-forum/

What would you all like to see bearing in mind I don't hang around much anymore I am not in a position to suggest the ideas.

If I am correct there is a difference between memorabilia, clothing and props? The other post on the other hand is suggesting a split where the current film gets its own forum keeping current information at the forefront.

Is there enough prop information to make a forum or would it be better if we can look at tagging posts Prop, Clothing, Memorabilia etc. etc. so you could click the tags to show the relevant posts.

Or is there scope for each variation to have its own forum? What I don't want to do is create too many forums that no one can stay on top of moderating them or that no one actually posts in.
    Simon
    It might be best to keep the original forum, but make a new one just for clothing. As that is the subject that gets a huge amount of traffic over memorabilia and props.
    What about if we split out "James Bond Memorabilia, Collecting & Clothing" to:

James Bond Memorabilia & Collecting
    James Bond Clothing & Props

I realise this doesn't directly answer Alex006's issue but if I could find a way to implement tags on topics as well that would help?
    Simon
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    My suggestion would be

James Bond Clothing
    James Bind Memorabilia & Collecting and props

Clothing seems to receive the majority of traffic for quite some time - since David Zaritsky started all this by posing in his Office with his GF suit on X-(
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    SiCo wrote:

I realise this doesn't directly answer Alex006's issue but if I could find a way to implement tags on topics as well that would help?

Higgy-Bum is right. It’s mixing the clothing with the props and collectibles that is the problem. There are so many clothing posts that the prop and memorabilia threads are lost.
    SiCo wrote:

I’ve left scribbles on this by the biscuit barrel in the secret kitchen area :D
    YNWA 97
    Ok so the consensus seems to be that we should end up with the following:

James Bond Memorabilia, Collecting & Props
    James Bond Clothing
    James Bond Items For Sale (Change of name to clarify that this is for anything and everything)

If you do not agree please speak up!
    Simon
    SiCo wrote:

James Bond Clothing
    James Bond Items For Sale (Change of name to clarify that this is for anything and everything)

Spot on.
    SiCo wrote:

James Bond Clothing

Excellent - looks like I was mostly right :D
    YNWA 97
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Sir Miles wrote:
    SiCo wrote:

I’ve left scribbles on this by the biscuit barrel in the secret kitchen area :D

:)) :))
This discussion has been closed.