New James Bond Clothing & Lifestyle Forum

I have just created a new New James Bond Clothing & Lifestyle Forum as it has been decided that the Memorabilia forum was becoming too full with too many different interests.

It will take a few days to move the topics and get everything square so please bear with us.

I will also be renaming the Memorabilia forum but this will take a little longer so as not to confuse Google.

In the meantime is a watch clothing or a prop?! :s
Simon

Comments

  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,374MI6 Agent
    Thanks, Sico!

    And of course a watch is a Rolex! :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

    Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 2,962MI6 Agent
    edited November 2020
    Change is looking good SiCo -{ Thanks for the hard work. Just wondering, is the for sale section going to be split as well, or remain as one?
    SiCo wrote:
    In the meantime is a watch clothing or a prop?!

    I would say clothing. I kinda think about it as all Bond related watches are clothing items, but not all Bond related watches are props. Say, if the discussion’s about the retail model 2531.80 Seamaster that someone’s bought, than its clothing related; but if the discussion’s about the light up production used 2531.80 from TWINE then it’s prop related.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,029MI6 Agent
    edited November 2020
    Happy to see this, I suggested it 4 years ago but was told it was not going to happen - here’s to progress -{

    I’d say a watch is clothing, unless a replica or screen used item.
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 6,724MI6 Agent
    A watch in the film industry is classed as a prop. Not clothing or wardrobe.

    Especially if it has a gadget fitted.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 2,289MI6 Agent
    There's a few recent clothing threads scattered in the other subforums, not otherwise related to discussion of the films but just people asking where to buy an item they've maybe seen in a film.
    (specifically two in the OffTopic subforum and the top two in the SPECTRE subforum)

    Can they be moved to this new all-clothing subforum?
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,349M
    There's a few recent clothing threads scattered in the other subforums, not otherwise related to discussion of the films but just people asking where to buy an item they've maybe seen in a film.
    (specifically two in the OffTopic subforum and the top two in the SPECTRE subforum)

    Can they be moved to this new all-clothing subforum?

    I have moved the SPECTRE posts to the Clothing Forum, it's a tricky one, especially with a relatively new film (not so relevant for SPECTRE anymore mind!) as people come for the film info and they don't think to look further as they are specifically asking about clothing.

    The off topic ones, are, in my opinion, off topic and our forums are for James Bond Clothing etc. etc. so I believe they should stay there. However, I am happy to reconsider my opinion!
    Simon
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,349M
    As for the watch issue! I think I will go with JTM & Smitherss500 definition, I will classify them as clothing where they are being sourced as retail items and props where they are being reproduced as display items / props. Again I am open to suggestions on this and as Mod's we will make mistakes on this!
    Simon
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,349M
    JTM wrote:
    Change is looking good SiCo -{ Thanks for the hard work. Just wondering, is the for sale section going to be split as well, or remain as one?

    I don't believe this question has been raised, I don't think it should be split but I will take a look. Does anyone else have any thoughts?
    Simon
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,374MI6 Agent
    SiCo wrote:
    As for the watch issue! I think I will go with JTM & Smitherss500 definition, I will classify them as clothing where they are being sourced as retail items and props where they are being reproduced as display items / props. Again I am open to suggestions on this and as Mod's we will make mistakes on this!

    I just want to echo Asp9mm‘s opinion about watches.
    When we are speaking about 007 watches, they are usually representing props ( with a functiin mostly).
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

    Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,374MI6 Agent
    SiCo wrote:
    I don't believe this question has been raised, I don't think it should be split but I will take a look. Does anyone else have any thoughts?

    One sales section is more than enough imo
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

    Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 6,724MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    SiCo wrote:
    As for the watch issue! I think I will go with JTM & Smitherss500 definition, I will classify them as clothing where they are being sourced as retail items and props where they are being reproduced as display items / props. Again I am open to suggestions on this and as Mod's we will make mistakes on this!

    I just want to echo Asp9mm‘s opinion about watches.
    When we are speaking about 007 watches, they are usually representing props ( with a functiin mostly).

    Yeah, watches aren’t clothing.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • parfaitelumiereparfaitelumiere Posts: 147MI6 Agent
    watches shoes etc, these are clothing, no props.
    Be better to make a prop, cloth, and other collectibles ( bottles, puppets, scale models etc, posters all those collectibles made for money you see?)
    This way I know I only have to look at the prop category ahah.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 6,724MI6 Agent
    What, since when have watches been clothes?

    Ive never heard of anyone classing watches as clothing and wardrobe that I know, anywhere, ever. In the film industry watches are purely classed as props. As are items of jewellery such as cufflinks, rings, necklaces and bracelets etc. Even glasses. Shoes are obviously clothing as are hats, gloves, shirts coats, trousers, underwear and jackets. Belts, braces, ties etc are classed as wardrobe too.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,374MI6 Agent
    How about Mankinis? :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

    Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 6,724MI6 Agent
    Clothing. Bad bad clothing.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,675MI6 Agent
    Another “vote” that watches be included with props not soft goods.
  • parfaitelumiereparfaitelumiere Posts: 147MI6 Agent
    would be good to remove "clothing from former category, so people could put clothing in clothing section, not prop anymore?!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 25,206Chief of Staff
    would be good to remove "clothing from former category, so people could put clothing in clothing section, not prop anymore?!

    I’m sure that’s on SiCo’s list of things to do...it’s just finding time for him to complete this...
    YNWA 96
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,349M
    would be good to remove "clothing from former category, so people could put clothing in clothing section, not prop anymore?!

    Yep it's coming, I just need a little extra concentration time as I need to make sure I set up the correct redirects for the forum. As soon as I change the name of the forum it changes the urland I don't want to mess it up!
    Simon
Sign In or Register to comment.