NTTD Tom Ford Suits: Cheapest Source

Hey everybody,

Just putting this out here as a PSA.

The cheapest source for NTTD tailored clothing seems to be Tom Ford Italy (Milan to be specific).

All prices are excluding VAT:

The grey POW suit is 2393.44 euros

The blue POW suit is 2844.26 euros

The tux is 2500 euros

Ties are 159.84

Pocket squares are 118.85

Happy to share the whatsapp contact info for an associate in Milan (he previously helped me with the Skyfall tie GMTO).

Also, if there is an even cheaper source I'm not aware of, please post here!

Comments

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the info -{ Do you happen to know if they're offering the NTTD shirts for less than regular retail?
  • NalliacNalliac Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    Thanks for this - I had contacted the Milan store about the blue POW suit but had no idea the grey was cheaper. Thats tempting...

Sidenote to previous TF customers: I don't live near a Tom Ford boutique and I know the suits are delivered requiring alterations before they can actually be worn. Is the best process just to provide measurements and get them done by the boutique you purchase from before shipping? Or take to a personal tailor where you live/wait to visit a TF boutique?
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    Nalliac wrote:
    Thanks for this - I had contacted the Milan store about the blue POW suit but had no idea the grey was cheaper. Thats tempting...

Sidenote to previous TF customers: I don't live near a Tom Ford boutique and I know the suits are delivered requiring alterations before they can actually be worn. Is the best process just to provide measurements and get them done by the boutique you purchase from before shipping? Or take to a personal tailor where you live/wait to visit a TF boutique?

A skilled and professional tailor, no mater where you live, will be able to make the correct alterations to make the suit fits you.....don't forget you will evantually need several visits to correct the alterations and to check the fit with him !!!
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Thanks for the info -{ Do you happen to know if they're offering the NTTD shirts for less than regular retail?

Do you mean less than US retail? I think so.

The prices in Italy are cheaper all around than US pricing (duties, shipping internationally, etc... all add to the price of a product once it reaches North America).
    Nalliac wrote:

The grey is cheaper becuase it's a 'B' fabric. I think the blue suit has an E+ fabric).

If you're confident about requesting alterations remotely, then it could work. But it has some risks.
    JTM wrote:

Do you mean less than US retail? I think so.

The prices in Italy are cheaper all around than US pricing (duties, shipping internationally, etc... all add to the price of a product once it reaches North America).

Just checked. The shirt prices almost half the US price.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Nalliac wrote:

I really wouldn't do it remotely, first option is to Def get to a TF store for fitting. I went mtm on mine and so glad I did, the results re fit are another level to the rtw. I'm not a weird shape but fairly average 42 chest, 34 waist and 33 leg. But mtm had around 25 alterations for my perfect and desired fit. Over my many purchases it's been refined and now I could probably order without a fitting, but despite this I still do 3 500 mile round trips to make sure each suit is perfect

If impossible them buy rtw and trust a tailor locally
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • JD_007JD_007 Glasgow, UKPosts: 41MI6 Agent
    Thanks for all the information and advice posted above gents.

If possible, I was thinking of ordering one of the suits from Milan and then taking it to a TF store in London for fitting. I used to travel down to London for work a few times a year pre-pandemic and this should hopefully resume in the spring/summer.

Does anyone have any ideas how much TF typically charge for alternations?
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    JD_007 wrote:
    Thanks for all the information and advice posted above gents.

If possible, I was thinking of ordering one of the suits from Milan and then taking it to a TF store in London for fitting. I used to travel down to London for work a few times a year pre-pandemic and this should hopefully resume in the spring/summer.

Does anyone have any ideas how much TF typically charge for alternations?

TF typically does alterations free if you buy from them directly, and as long as it's not a sale piece.
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Hey everybody,

The cheapest source for NTTD tailored clothing seems to be Tom Ford Italy (Milan to be specific).

The tux is 2500 euros

Ties are 159.84

Happy to share the whatsapp contact info for an associate in Milan (he previously helped me with the Skyfall tie GMTO).

Very cool.. Does the shop have a direct email or do they have English speaking staff if called?
    km1fdm wrote:
    Hey everybody,

The tux is 2500 euros

Ties are 159.84

Very cool.. Does the shop have a direct email or do they have English speaking staff if called?

Lot's of english-speaking staff.
  • dandyliondandylion Posts: 4MI6 Agent

Hi othertravel. Could I please be cheeky and ask if you mind sharing your TF milan source's whatsapp details? I am interested in picking up a piece or two.

Also regarding the suit finishing process that'sbeing discussed, I just wanted to add that TF will be the best place to get them finished. The sleeve fimishing + buttons is likely that a local tailor will mess up (spacing, buttonhole finishing etc).

• llvhhuillvhhui Posts: 81MI6 Agent

I wonder how much those suits retail for...

Hey everybody,

I may have found a source for NTTD suits that will be heavily discounted soon (this is tentative, so I can’t confirm whether it will go through).

that said, I may be able to get one of the models from the movie for £1100 or so.

Will keep everybody updated.

• JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 434MI6 Agent

Was there any further info on this?

Yes, just waiting it out.

Here's the potential pricing (it's very very tentative, and may fall through - doing this is a courtesy for AJB members).

The grey POW suit for about £976

The navy POW suit for about £1226

Sizes are limited.

If you're interested, and it doesn't fall through, here are the terms and conditions:

• PM me what size you're interested in.
    • You pay for shipping and associated paypal fees.
    • You are solely responsible for duties/taxes (even with potential duties, you come out ahead).
    • No refunds as it's final sale.

I'm only asking for a small proxy fee of £20 to cover my time/effort.

I'm lowering expectations as I don't want to people to get disappointed if it doesn't happen. That said, may have more info this week.

If you have a whatsapp #, I'll create a group since it might be easier to coordinate that way.

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent

Can anyone kindly help me find my size? I am new to suit sizing and certainly new to Tom Ford suits.

I'm about 6'2"

chest about 44.4"

waist about 37"

shoulders about 22.5" wide

I have the MA sloop suit in 56 which fits me well, if a hair narrow in the shoulders.

Obviously I would be looking at tailoring a TF suit like this so I'm thinking it would wise to err on the side of larger.

I know this can't provide me with the same understanding of size and fit as trying the suit on in person but would still like to hear your thoughts.

cheers guys.

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,595MI6 Agent

Tom Ford have different fits ranging from very slim to very full, but you're probably around a 54L or 56L. The shoulders tend to be wide on Tom Ford jackets, so you are unlikely to have a problem in that area. Tailoring down cannot effectively be done more than half a size, so it's important you find the right fit and right size for you.

Visit my blog, Bond Suits

Hey everybody,

It appears to be on. Will post here shortly what sizes are available.

Hey everybody,

Locked down one size. Confirming availability of additional sizes in the navy POW.

Sales associate confirmed its showing up on the system, but they need to physically find it in one of the multiple locations they have.

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

I would say your minimum a 56 as bigger then me. My TR suits are basically a 56 jacket and 54 trousers.

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent

Thanks very much Matt and Welshie for your insights. I’m planning to visit my nearest TF boutique next weekend and try on a few suits.

if anyone else has something to add please go right ahead.

Hey everybody,

Navy POW available in

42R, 40S, 38S, 36S.

40R spoken for.

PM me if you want one of these sizes.

stock is going fast.

• 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
  • JD_007JD_007 Glasgow, UKPosts: 41MI6 Agent

PM’d

• asd007asd007 Posts: 220MI6 Agent

Anyone know what the import duty is for a Tom ford suit from Italy to the US?

About 20% if it’s over $800.