Omega Issues Genuine Military Watch

Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
As the title says, sadly it’s for the Swiss Army and will never be made public. It’s a damned shame as it’s a beauty. All matte finish, matte dial, blacked out hands, and no date. It’s one of the nicest watches Omega has made in years. I could even live with the new wave dial and cupcake helium escape valve.

999931C2_53CA_4B6D_9623_F24390525F95.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Comments

• DexDex Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    That is a shame , as the pennies I've saved would have all gone if that was available to Joe Public.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Of the newer Seamasters this one is easily my favorite. I am still not a fan of the fingerprint dial or the He escape valve, but I too could live with it.

I'm sure used examples will pop up in a few years.

However one thing perplexes me. Why would the army of a land locked country issue its members a 300m dive watch?
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    A craveable, unavailable dive watch for alpine foot soldiers is one of the most Omega things ever.
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    I find it very attractive. Even better than the NTTD one, which clearly is an inspiration.
    If only it were available... Fingers crossed Omega releases it, even though I think is very unlikely
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    edited December 2020
    Of the newer Seamasters this one is easily my favorite. I am still not a fan of the fingerprint dial or the He escape valve, but I too could live with it.

I'm sure used examples will pop up in a few years.

However one thing perplexes me. Why would the army of a land locked country issue its members a 300m dive watch?

Personally I feel the NTTD watch should have been this version rather than the titanium one that was released. I think it will be highly unlikely that you'll see these become available on the open market as the government will probably take the watches back and they'll be reassigned to another service member. Now there is a chance that they may let the soldier keep it but if I was in that position I would never sell it! Regarding the choice of the Seamaster I can't think of any other Omega to use as the Speedmaster is manual wind unless you get the racing model but that's 44mm and the Planet Ocean models are just too thick.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Perhaps a field watch based on the Railmaster would be more appropriate.

Or maybe if keeping the Seamaster do away with the helium escape valve and wave dial and substitute sword hands for increased legibility. Make it a Landmaster.
    Perhaps a field watch based on the Railmaster would be more appropriate.

Or maybe if keeping the Seamaster do away with the helium escape valve and wave dial and substitute sword hands for increased legibility. Make it a Landmaster.

I'd say keep the helium escape valve but do it like Rolex does on the Sea Dweller. For the dial/bezel I'd do some sort of matte color like a slate grey and even though I hate sword hands I agree it would increase legibility. I like the Landmaster name.......excuse me while I call to trademark that name :D
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    I don’t mind having a visible He screw in button. It’s an iconic look to the Seamaster. But I much prefer the older version that was flatter and slightly recessed into the case. I’m not keen on this new shape and the way it protrudes more.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    A craveable, unavailable dive watch for alpine foot soldiers is one of the most Omega things ever.

I LOLd.

That nu-wave bezel just kills any watch bearing it for me. It's like a dumbed down, Swatch-ification of the older, more elegant wave dial.

The lume color is nice, though!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    And Omega has seen fit to seal the leak after the watch has been seen on every collector site. :))
    Screenshot-2020-12-10-at-7-03-08-PM.png
  • tsholdtshold TorontoPosts: 214MI6 Agent
    I would imagine recruitment to the Swiss Army just shot up!
    Shop the latest thing from the SIS Training Collection!
    https://sistraininggear.com
    tshold wrote:
    I would imagine recruitment to the Swiss Army just shot up!

Commanding Officer: why did you want to joint the Swiss Army?

Recruit: Sir I'm here for the new Omega Seamaster

Commanding Officer: Face palm.....this is the 5th one this week!
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,117MI6 Agent
    Mmmmmm, I love that!