Need help with shipping an item from Turkey/EU to the US

Can anyone advise on a good company that can proxy for an item to be shipped from Turkey/EU to the US? Please let me know if you have any options!

On an unrelated note i purchased an item from another member on here and the package has not been delivered to me and that was 60 days ago X-( I reached out to the member and on 12/9 he advised that shipping out of Germany is on a 4 to 6 week backlog BUT that he would me he would contact them to find out what's going on. it's 4 weeks since any contact from the seller and no updates even though i sent a follow up PM to him on 4/1/2022 and DHL says i need to contact them in Germany but i don't speak German :# Any assistance on this issue would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Mike
I know where you keep your gun!

Comments

• J&BJ&B Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    I'm from Germany, so maybe I can help you out.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    The normal mail from Germany to the US has been suspended and I would guess that the same applies for other EU countries.
    Turkey is not an EU state.

Shipping from the EU to US is currently advisable by DHL Express/UPS/Fedex only which is very expensive and needs proper declaration and probably export licensing.

I am not shipping anything to the US since February 2020
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    The normal mail from Germany to the US has been suspended and I would guess that the same applies for other EU countries.

Shipping from the EU to US is currently advisable by DHL Express/UPS/Fedex only which is very expensive and needs proper declaration and probably export licensing.

Yeah I called DHL today and they said contact Deutsche Post/DHL. If shipping is postponed wouldn't they advise someone of that when dropping a package off? I'm assuming the proper declarations were provided but why would a license be needed?

Would you be able to recommend a company to proxy something from Turkey to an EU address and then forward stateside?
  • YnyrYnyr Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

I have sent many items to the US through the french post lately and it went smooth.
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Can anyone advise on a good company that can proxy for an item to be shipped from Turkey/EU to the US? Please let me know if you have any options!

On an unrelated note i purchased an item from another member on here and the package has not been delivered to me and that was 60 days ago X-( I reached out to the member and on 12/9 he advised that shipping out of Germany is on a 4 to 6 week backlog BUT that he would me he would contact them to find out what's going on. it's 4 weeks since any contact from the seller and no updates even though i sent a follow up PM to him on 4/1/2022 and DHL says i need to contact them in Germany but i don't speak German :# Any assistance on this issue would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Mike

I have lived and worked in Turkey for 5 and a half years, I am leaving to return to UK permanently in 2 weeks. You should contact PTT Kargo - https://www.ptt.gov.tr/Sayfalar/EN/Homepage.aspx

They should be able to arrange a parcel from Turkey to US without any issue. Turkey is not an EU country. Hope that is helpful.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    Just wanted to give an update and let everyone know that after 60 days my package FINALLY arrived state side! Hopefully I will have it sometime this week! I did try reaching out the seller again via email and i didn't receive a response which is unfortunate.