FS (UK) Bond Related Replica Firearms

dailo007dailo007 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
I know there are issues related to this touchy subject, but I would assume by now that genuine buyers are aware, if not I hope I've covered the buying restrictions below, if what I am quoting is incorrect or this post is now considered innappropriate please let me know.

With my baby girl's growing enthusiasm to explore the world, and my workshop, I'm now looking to part with my collection of airsoft replicas, these are as accurate as I could find and would be considered Realistic Immitation Firearms by the authorities even if the internals were removed and painting is not an option:

The list includes the following:

ARES WA2000 (Spring) with sniper scope.
Maruzen P99 (GBB) with silencer and spare mag.
Maruzen PPK/s with silencer (GBB)
Umarex UMP9 (GBB) with silencer and 3 mags
Umarex UMP45 (electric) with silencer, 2 mags and 2 batteries
Beta Project Sterling (electric) with 4 mags and 2 batteries.
Marushin PPK/s heavy (Cap firing)
Vintage MGC AR7 (Cap firing)

I also have, although not really Bond related, a limited edition Umarex HK417 Sniper (Electric) and a vintage Maruzen KG9 (GBB).

Most of these are almost impossible to source in the UK now and the spare magazines are like hen's teeth; all are as new, boxed with instructions and any other tools etc they came with, they have been fired on occasion to ensure the mechanisms remain lubricated but never used outside.

To purchase I believe you would have to be UK based, hold a full UK firearms licence, or one of the following (which would need to be evidenced):

You are a member of an insured historical reenactment organisation. (apparently the Military Vehicle Trust is no longer recognised as such!)

You represent a film, television or theatre production company

You represent a museum

You are a Crown Servant and pursuing your Crown duties

You are a registered Airsoft player with membership at an insured skirmish site.

You have UKARA registration

If you meet the criteria for purchasing and are interested then please message me and I can send pics, details and prices.

Comments

• The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    Gutted! Always wanted an ARES, and a Sterling, for that matter. Will have to join UKARA or a historical enactment society once the lockdown lifts.

Good luck with the sales, and welcome. to the World to your new baby girl!

Cheers,

Blair
  • dailo007dailo007 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    Thanks Blair, and on that point can anyone suggest a reenactment organisation that is recognised and where membership is readily available?
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    edited January 2021
    dailo007 wrote:
    Thanks Blair, and on that point can anyone suggest a reenactment organisation that is recognised and where membership is readily available?

It’s not that easy now. You have to take part and attend for months before you are granted membership. That’s why they got rid of the Military Vehicle loophole. Easiest way is to attend some airsoft events over three months to get your UKARA membership. But COVID has killed that too :(
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • dailo007dailo007 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    A bit more info and prices on some of these:

ARES WA2000 (Spring) with sniper scope.

I own 2 versions of this, the original released in around 2012 with full markings and a polished finish to the woodwork and a quoted power of 1.37 joules (384fps) and the later version from around 2017 with no markings and a matt finish to the woodwork but a significant power increase to 1.66 joules (423fps) (UKARA has set a limit of 2.5 joules (approx 519fps) for single shot rifles)

I tinkered with the original one I purchased and fitted a high-grade inner barrel and tried some higher rate springs, but returned the spring to the original strength due to the force required to **** it. As I said accuracy is amazing and the hop properly set and the scope fixed I could shoot a hole in the centre of a target at over 30m, effective range is quoted at over 60m.

They came with some pretty nasty plastic dummy 7.62 shells which I have replaced with far more realistic brass and copper replicas.

1. Gun Full Walther markings, extra springs, high grade barrel, Sniper 6-24x x50 scope, 3 brass shells, box and accessories - £1100
    2. Gun No Markings, Centrepoint 3-9 x 40 scope, 3 brass shells, box and accessories - £700

Umarex UMP9 (GBB) with silencer and 3 mags

This has a serious recoil action, quoted at 300fps, I've never checked it, but it feels like far more. The silencer is really for display only, the mags are like gold dust. I've not tinkered with this in any way. Fire settings of single shot, double shot and fully auto. Magazine capacity of 30rnds. Fully HK markings and a proper operating charging handle.

Gun, 3 magazines, full rail set, silencer, box and accessories - £500

Umarex UMP45 (electric) with silencer, 2 mags and 2 batteries

My first real airsoft, thought I could convert it to look like a UMP9, but after trying to fit several MP9 and other magazines I gave up, an expensive learning process, but I did manage to replace the inner and outer barrel to enable fitment of a screw on silencer and upgraded the nozzle to give a little more power and accuracy, it's not going to set the world on fire with its power but the fire rate is amazing. The magazine capacity is 400rnds with a charging wheel on the base of the mag, without the constant need for recharging with gas you can empty a magazine in seconds. I have 2 brand new 9.6v NiMH batteries one of which hasn't taken a charge yet.

Gun, 2 magazines, 2 brand new batteries, extra fitted rails, internal upgrades and silencer, box - £300

Beta Project Sterling (electric) with 4 mags and 2 batteries.

I my view the best Sterling replica created, full metal and just feels so real, the downside with this on release was the battery compartment, it's tiny. Luckily, WE released a perfectly sized 7.4v lipo 1200mAh battery about 6 months later so I purchased 2. For an AEG it's surprisingly satisfying to fire and pretty loud with a real mechanical thud accompanying each shot. Again, magazines are like gold dust, me buying 3 extra probably didn't help supply, capacity is 110rd and power is quoted at 320FPS. Famously the base for the E11 blaster in Star Wars and often converted with commercially available kits. I love it, but it's the one my wife dislikes the most!!

Gun, 4 mags, 2 batteries, box - £600

Marushin PPK/s heavy (Cap firing)

This came as a kit in Japan, but mine was factory assembled, metal weights in the handle give it a realistic feel (520g+), and with full markings it looks the business. Released in 2007, it's magazine takes brass shells that can be loaded with 5mm Model Gun Caps (MG-CAP) which can be bought in the UK, I've never tried it, but apparently it provides a blow back effect, with smoke/fire and shell ejection, (this also applies to the AR7 below)

Gun, 1 mag, 10 shells, box and accessories - £200

Vintage MGC AR7 (Cap firing)

An exact replica of the weapon issued to US pilots, produced by the Model Gun Company and only seemingly available in quite limited numbers in Japan in the late 90s and now almost impossible to source in Europe. It comes with the original instructions (in Japanese!) 2 magazines and an unused box of 8 blowback shells and one additional spare shell. The firing system is exactly the same as the Marushin above.

Gun, 2 mags, 9 shells, box and instructions - £800