Die Another Day Binoculars

Hi Everyone,
I am looking for any and all thoughts and ideas about the brand and model of binoculars used by Bond in Die Another Day. These binoculars appear in at least three scenes, notably when Bond is at the beach bar in Cuba viewing La Clinica Alvarez, and then Jinx as she comes out of the water.
My first thought was the Tasco brand because of their use in prior films, but have not yet found any similar. Probably the most distinctive feature of these binoculars is the large knurled focus knob/ring visible on the center pivot shaft. My guess is that these are either 10x50 or 7x50 binoculars. Am assuming these binoculars were in production and commercially available in the early 2000's and perhaps earlier.
That's all the info I really have and unfortunately am unable to provide an image that shows any real detail.
Thanks to the team for reading this and for any input.
Bill

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    They look like a much older binocular. Possibly 70’s or 80’s. Could be earlier.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    Agreed. Bond's supposed to be borrowing vintage items in a poorly stocked Cuba.
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!