Buying a deactivated Walther PPK

Hi there fellow Bond enthusiasts. I have been a massive bond fan since my teens collecting bond zippo lighters, corgi models and even some of Roger Moores Seiko watches.

Just recently a friend suggested getting a real Walther ppk (a deactivated one as i live in the UK). I must admit id never really thought about it up to that point and now i really want one.

Being in the uk and now after brexit they are hard to find and we and far between. the only ones ive have found are WW2 era and extremely expensive.

Being a die hard bond fan id really like one from the correct time periods and being the correct calibre with the right grips etc etc.

Even though in movie Dr no, major boothroyd states the gun issued to bond a walther ppk 7.65 mm when watching the movie can quite clearly tell the gun he is issued is a walhther pp and not a ppk. In later bond movies he does in fact have a walther ppk 7.65mm. but from reading the posts on this site I gather that other variants were used like the .380 calibre model

I just wanted to know if anyone has a full in depth list of each gun variant that was used in each movie. From Dr No to Spectre So that when I do my daily browsing of deactivated gun websites. When one of these specific models become available ill know its the real deal and be happy and confident to buy it with out the worry of gun dealers palming me off with any old ppk and putting a stupid price on it just because its similar to a bond gun.

Reading the posts from this site I can tell that many of you are very knowledgeable on the subject and the that some will have a full list.

Hope to hear back from you all soon.

Thanks.

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    As long as it’s ULM Germany made, you can’t go wrong. To go into real depth on the variants used would take forever. If you can find a copy of the Most Famous Gun in the World book, then that would answer all of your questions.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............