NTTD Navy Blue Swim Shorts

Comments

• The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,326MI6 Agent

On second view- those shorts are SHORT! Not sure if I could get away with them....

• kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent

And fitted. When we first see Bond in the shorts steering his boat…they leave nothing to the imagination! On IMAX at least!

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,510Chief of Staff
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent

When are finding out about the shorts as members on here said they have information

• km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent

Good question. Seems to be some knowledge hoarders about.. or they don’t actually know.

• SnorpleySnorpley Posts: 86MI6 Agent

Those in the know: "Do you expect me to talk?" ... haha

...a brother from Sydney
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent

What happened here? A member who is in a good position to know said an announcement was imminent days ago. Then silence.

My guess is the manufacturer wants to make sure they have stock. And they still don't. I'm less inclined to believe in a Spectre style cabal of AJB members buying up SA navy trunks before the word gets out.

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

"I'm less inclined to believe in a Spectre style cabal of AJB members buying up SA navy trunks before the word gets out."

• lotusguy2001lotusguy2001 Posts: 132MI6 Agent

People make jokes, but it does happen a lot. Some of the “influencers “ “don’t post finds,” but they end up with multiple of items and then when it’s let out they’ve already gotten the items.

There are groups of people that identify, buy, and then let info out. There’s also people that are privy to inside information due to their positions and cannot share.

But it’s suspect when some collectors already have items and multiple.

Back when I did lots of Star Wars and we were identifying found items from old military surplus or model kits their were people who even started a separate private board where they shared information, some of it from someone who became a licensee but didn’t share the information and got really irked when the info would leak as they couldn’t just buy the parts as they could before.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Nah, I'm going for the Spectre-style cabal. Now, where's Topolino?

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

They appeared, did you miss them?

I have 250 pairs in various sizes if anyone is interested ?

Seriously I would suspect Cheverian is right whoever it is, they are awaiting stock before launching. After the Danner debacle I think we all agree that would be good.

For the record, I don't know the maker but a trusted friend does, as will a few others on here, but wouldn't share so I didn't ask.... But if they break that bond, all future sources would dry up I suspect.

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent

Omega posted a better shot of the shorts today, on their Instagram. I don't know how much this helps, but we can see the side zippers a little bit better now.

We can confirm that the rear pocket is zippered and has a pull.

I swear, if these didn't have the notch in the hem, they'd be a perfect match ...

And they're only like eighteen bucks

• TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent

Looks close, but these don't have the obvious, more exposed side pocket zippers - in some shots the zippers look like the technical 'waterproof' zippers you see on goretex jackets etc.

• TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent

There damn close.. and for that price I grabbed a pair...

Also, fwiw, the drawstring on Bond's shorts is a flat lace not round.

what i dont get is the movie out i know tomorrow for our friends in the States but someone in this threads states they know who makes the shorts but doesnt want to share, i called Derrick Rose again and they stated they provided shorts but they cannot confirm they were used in the movie. I find all this bizarre, i know if i made the shorts i would want to cash in lol

• There are a lot pretentious people around here, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Don't worry, I'm sure they will let everyone know which shorts they are once they have sold out.

You must be on a different board. AJB has an incredibly helpful and generous membership who spend hours, days and weeks searching and researching items and then share their information freely, willingly, and generously. I've been a member since CR and have benefitted numerous times from that free information. Take a look through the boards and you'll find hundreds of examples of that sharing and pieces of wardrobe and props freely shared. Sorry that your swimming trunks haven't been publicly ID'd here, maybe you'll have better luck on a different board with less pretentious people.

• I don't even like the shorts

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

Here here.

I understand some know but also why they can't share. If they do they will break a promise and lose their source, which would be detrimental to us all.

Pretentious - no.

Bond fans helping other Bond fans - yes.

Stop getting your knickers in a twist over some shorts. I'm sure all will be revealed and we will all get a pair when they are released and freely available

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

I guess this wont help to id the Shorts but I'd Like to share it anyway, looks like the zipper is all black

• Like I said, I don't even like the shorts. It just seems a little fishy...no pun intended.

Here's a quote from Royale-Les-Eaux from the NTTD wardrobe thread:

"Amusingly there are friends of a certain influencer who have posted instagram stories wearing *identical* shorts.

Given the film is now out in most major markets it would be nice if someone, respecting all agreements for not naming a brand, was able to say 'there will be an announcement - be patient'. Or - 'this is one of those items you had to get in 2018/19 or get tipped off about and will now only be available second hand' subject to usual gouging and bartering."

• Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent

These are obviously some sort of luxury brand but they look shockingly similar to so many cheap pairs of workout shorts on Alie express with a drawstring and zippers. Now I know these aren’t going to be four dollar shorts but I can’t see myself spending orlebar brown prices for something like this.

I stated this before but I can’t help but lean towards more of a lounge short when you see the clearer pictures it looks like there’s a decent amount of stretch to them with the material

• They are such a plain, ordinary looking pair of swim shorts. Navy shorts, 2 zippers and a drawstring? What's the big deal?

Oh, wait! I thought of a great new plot for the next Bond film...so here it is:

The entire world hangs in the balance, the fate of all humanity...if...get this...

wait for it...

An influencer or someone "in the know" discloses what swim shorts Bond wore in no time to die...

That company hunts them down and everyone they ever loved because they disclosed their oh, so secret (and boring) swimming trunks.

THEN THE WORLD EXPLODES!

What do you think?

@triple seven I say this with respect: I think you're starting to sound incredibly bitter about the "influencers". At the very least, your railing against "those who know" is getting repetitive.

It's already been discussed multiple times: people who have information are not always at liberty to reveal it. Businesses often have policies in place and agreements with those with whom they share information. And sometimes they ask those who "guess right" for a favor and not share. Being in a Bond movie is a huge boost to a company (whether they knew they'd appear before hand or not). And the reveal of their product needs to be handled strategically. Even if it's something as basic as a pair of swim shorts or polo; just ask Orlebar Brown or Sunspel. Done correctly, the brand can become a new fan favorite. Done incorrectly, the brand risks making a lot of people very angry. We've all seen it time and again.

As for the swim shorts: they're a model from some company's Spring/Summer 2019 line (or earlier). Which means they're long gone (unless the brand plans on doing a re-issue) and will be even harder to track down by inidividuals such as you and I. Or they were custom made for the film and some brand has been holding onto plans for a release of a consumer version for a year and half (like N.Peal with the tactical trousers or Danner with the boots). Although I think the 2nd option is becoming less and less likely as the splash from the film's release dies down.

Maybe they're from a luxury brand that doesn't care about a Bond association (like Cucinelli). Maybe the brand had no idea their shorts were choosen and are rushing to get some new ones into production, like Anderson & Sheppard's Henley (a task that's incredibly difficult right now given the state of global supply chains). Or maybe the shorts will be another Venice polo item and we won't learn the brand for another 15 years.

My point is we just don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

I've been part of this forum for a long time (since 2005) and part of the Bond fan community for decades. And I can honestly say it's one of the best out there, filled with really great people who are always willing to help and share when they can. My bad experiences have been very few and far between.

Quite frankly it's getting more than a little tiresome (and annoying) reading your comments criticizing some of the people I know when neither of us have all the facts. Do yourself a favor and stop assuming the worst.

@triple seven , for someone who has twice said that they don't like the shorts, you certainly sound like someone who really likes the shorts.

• Just a joke guys, just a joke.

No need to get your la perlas in a twist.