NTTD Navy Blue Swim Shorts

Comments

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

The funniest thing about this whole thread is Daniel was actually nude form the waist down and they had to photoshop the shorts on. It’s why them seem so tight…possibly 😁

• Oooooh...so that's what they did! And here I was thinking they just took a can of krylon to his crotch and spray painted it navy blue...

• Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent

Hahaha yall are insane. Love it. But all seriousness, was the krylon slim fit or straight fit spray paint?

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

That was 00167 Swiss Navy Blue, right?

• You know it! Already bought 10 cans. Gotta be screen accurate.

• SnorpleySnorpley Posts: 86MI6 Agent

DZ wouldn’t be at Goldeneye for a swimwear launch, would he? 🤔

...a brother from Sydney

Not gonna lie I thought of that too. Obviously it’s just a vacation but would be the perfect time to make the vid. Only thing is, it still will remain on the brand for when that vid (if it happens) can even be released. I wish there were more clothing items. I love DZ’s videos they are always fantastic.

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

Looks like it. At this point they clearly are out there. We just arent good enough detectives to figure out the brand.

• NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

nah Influencers often get items before they hit the official market, think of the n.peal Commando Sweater/pants, Danner Boots and so on

• Looks like he kept his orlebar brown t-shirt waded up in his pocket for a screen accurate look too. Haha

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

But they're so loose...need to size down a few times for that SA paint-on vibe 😁

• This whole "can't violate agreements and say what they are" is ridiculous.

It is 100% counterintuitive and contradictory to the most basic principles of marketing and consumerism.

Wouldn't the company WANT to get the word out so they can sell as much of their product as possible???

(No, they only want a select few to have 10 of the same item.)

Dumbest argument I've ever heard in my life.

Again, I could take them or leave them when it comes to the shorts. I'm standing up for the little guy

who is looking forward to them and doesn't understand why not even an ETA is given, or anything really.

And before those who are going to give me backlash do, I will say that I have been PMed by members

who have thanked me for having the balls to say something.

Perhaps the bond community is not as altruistic as we would be led to believe.

And let's face it, being "in the know" doesn't make anyone more "James Bond",

it just means you're a bigger nerd.

• SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent

I totally agree. If you know something, say something. And if you can’t (because you are legally bound etc.) then in my opinion you should not say anything at all nor post videos and show the (secretive) items to the public. I think this is counterproductive for the community.

• NorchaNorcha Posts: 148MI6 Agent

You’re kite,dancing in hurricane…mr.triple seven

• NorchaNorcha Posts: 148MI6 Agent

Remain calm and be patient that’s key to anything. 👍

Lets be honest. This is more about the hunt than the actual item. And we are all a little nuts (myself included) for caring sooo much for a pair of basic drawstring shorts on screen for what 40 seconds? I hate not knowing and would love to be able to decide for myself if I’d like to buy or not but these are far from some Orlebar Browns in Skyfall or my personal favorite go-to the Orlebar Brown thunderball shorts.

I mean come on, side adjusters on a swimsuit or the throwback belt loop look?? I love that. Yes high quality but also yes overpriced ( I bought my thunderball pair discounted ). But these navy shorts seem so basic, similar to the hat. No chance that Im buying a plain navy baseball hat for HUNDREDS, possibly half a grand. Even those that are super successful and have a few bucks in the bank, I just can’t see any even collector buying that hat. To me that rivals plain solid designer socks in ridiculousness.

Granted I get the argument for OB prices. But i just have to believe this is just bc it’s unknown or is it.. and less about the shorts looking incredible. Really hope those that do actually want to buy get a chance to. I myself will definitely be taking a look at least. But for now, keep searching, I woulda thought we would have at least found the brand by now to at least get a price idea.

• TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

Worth bearing in mind that this segment was filmed over a year ago.. if they are the correct ones, can’t believe anyone has kept them secret for that long. At this stage, I can’t believe there is some exclusive launch, especially now all the big brands have shown their hands. I’m sure there just a regular pair of shorts, nothing special or flash, much like the elusive unicorn CR rugby/polo shirt

Oh, I thought this was a different (newer) trip

...a brother from Sydney

Worth bearing in mind that this segment was filmed over a year ago.. if they are the correct ones, can’t believe anyone has kept them secret for that long. At this stage, I can’t believe there is some exclusive launch, especially now all the big brands have show their hands. Im sure there just a regular pair of shorts, nothing special or flash, much like the elusive unicorn

Sorry.. double post..

• CajunCajun Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

There are plenty of us who would like to know. I get the rationale behind the NDA handshake. I also completely understand the frustration with the handshakers keeping mum while exhibiting the item in question.

Then there are others who lampoon the interested or the trunks themselves, which is comical given the obsessive focus we have for lots of "insignificant" screen-seen items.

Patience is undoubtedly a virtue; I also agree that as previously stated, this far into the movie's release it's not unreasonable to expect either a product availability ETA or a "sorry, they're discontinued, but were made by _______."

Tick tock, Mattia! 🧐🙂

I edit, therefore I am.
    edited October 2021

i completely agree with this. I myself would at least like a chance to buy but i can also recognize that i shouldnt care so much. I think it’s just easy to get a tad frustrated when there are “deals” in place but like you said the shorts are then seen being worn. Not saying anyone has any ill will for honoring such agreements if there is one, but being just a regular guy who would like a chance to buy them it kinda sucks to then see them but know welllll im not xyz so i cant know.

The fact is there may be agreements to not overly share them online etc., for whatever reason BUT if there are any sporadic sizes left anywhere its not like someone is gonna say no no you may not give us money for this size Large left and buy them. So I have to believe if someone is able to figure out who makes them then there’s still a shot we can buy a pair if any are still selling. We are definitely going to be sitting by the fire in the snow in our RGT Supply jackets, Danner tactical boots, and these dang shorts for sure

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Who are the experts or influencers who have been seen wearing the shorts? I haven't seen that (then again, I don't spend any time on social media, if that's where it was).

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2021

For the record...I have no ill-feelings towards anyone, and I'm sure all the influencers are great guys in real life.

I'm simply trying to (shake not stir) things up a bit. Okay that was a horrible pun. But moving on from that, I'm just trying to get

everyone who's been eagerly waiting some answers or at least additional info. The movie's already out, what are they waiting for,

the DVD release? (actually maybe that's it...get your free pair of James Bond shorts with the purchase of your DVD)

The company wants to keep it a secret so their sales are pathetic? Defies logic.

And don't tell me the company wants to make sure they have enough stock before they announce....

When have any of these companies ever worried about that?

edited October 2021

Wow.. this is officially crazy now.. I’ve just spent some time going through this whole thread, trying to see what we know and picking up the pieces, and it is clearly a case of misinformation, misinterpretation, and assumptions. 

It starts simply by people doing the good old fashioned detective work, suggesting brands, offering products and then being dismissed due to obvious inaccuracies. It is raised early on that DZ has confirmed its NOT OB, and some people have contacted brands direct who have categorically denied they have produced them.. normal stuff for our quests really. 

There’s some heated discussions about Derrick Rose, and then on the 9th Sept, Mattia suggests/hints (NOT Confirms) he has a source, know what they are, and ‘more to come’… on the 10th he holds back from spilling the beans, but by the 30th he is questioning the imminent announcement that was suggested by someone else.. this suggests to me that Mattia didn’t actually know what they were, or when they would be released. (Please dont take offence Mattia, just an observation)

On Oct 6, Lotusguy mentions a habit of some ‘influencers’ but doesn’t mention any, and his experiences suggest his comment is broad, but this seemed to sow a seed that ‘influencers’ are now involved in SPECTRE type conspiracies.

By Oct 8th, people are ‘panicking’ as the movie is out, no one will say its their shorts, and although Derrick Rose have supplied shorts to the production, they cannot say if they made the wardrobe (very normal stuff), and things start getting dark.. Mattia seems to be the target of some venom, when people suggests ‘someone in this threads states they know who makes the shorts but doesn’t want to share’ - which I had already discounted, as I don’t believe Mattia ever knew.

On the 10th, Triple Seven picks up a quote from another thread, which although is an accurate quote, there is *NO* verifiable proof that this is a fact - no link to the ‘certain influencer’s’ social media, and no photo of their friend wearing *identical* shorts - I would surmise, like many, that if there is indeed a photo, the person is probably wearing *similar* shorts, not *identical* 

So, what can we conclude, (apart from the great humour in the thread, which is what’s needed) is that there is zero evidence of anyone knowing what they are.

-No one has categorically said “I know the brand, model but I cannot disclose for XYZ reasons” (Even Mattia’s initial post isn’t that clear)

-None of the ‘Influencers’ have disclosed anything, and there is zero evidence of any influencer (or friend) with them in the wild (please see post 123 for update)

-There is no evidence of NDA’s or ‘deals’ - not that there would be, but worth noting that this notion was created within this thread!

With the fact that every major brand has capitalised on pre launch marketing, (even ones who didn’t initially see the marketing benefit (Connolly)), and with the only one market left for the film to be released (AU), I don’t think its a stretch to think that the trunks are just a pair of trunks, maybe a designer brand, but one who hasn’t realised/doesn’t care, and there isn’t going to be a ‘big reveal’ 

On that basis, I think deep breaths are needed all round, and we either need to wait for some ‘big reveal’ if you’re that way inclined, or just keep hunting. 

Incidentally, I purchased the shorts from Amazon that John from Iconic Alternatives suggested earlier in the thread… apart from the flat/round lace, (easily replaced), and the tiny hem split (easily fixed), these are by far the most accurate I have seen so far… and in interviews, the costume designer constantly refers to simple trunks befitting his current status, there is every reason they could be a cheap pair of trunks. (Think Skyfall knife, Topman chinos etc.)

Now thats my 2 cents worth added....

edited October 2021

This is hilarious. Spot on. This all aint that serious. Just another hunt for some bond clothing.

The shorts are worn in one of DZ’s newer Golden Eye location videos when he’s interviewing a gentleman there. DZ seems like the absolute nicest guy in the world though! Just our only in the wild sighting so far, so in a way he’s our only hope, our Obi-Wan if you will..

I live for all of this stuff at the moment. Y'all rock!

A side question: is anyone else (like me) quietly hoping for another 'CR long sleeve Venice polo'? A wild goose remaining on the loose for years and years until a joyous discovery brings the chase to an end.

...a brother from Sydney