Movie Trailers - Non-Bond but May Appeal

GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 3,099MI6 Agent

New Martin Campbell directed actioner:

I think this looks promising. Indeed, seeing this makes me want Campbell back for Bond 26.

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,766MI6 Agent

It does look promising, but how are the reviews? Campbell's Bonds are very good, but he isn't a safe bet outside the series.

• GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 3,099MI6 Agent

No reviews yet. It's slated as of now to come out in August so we'll probably start hearing buzz on it as August approaches.

As to Campbell, I'll cite THE MASK OF ZORRO and NO ESCAPE as being really well done movies outside of his Bond films. I've heard great things on THE FOREIGNER as well. Of his others, I thought VERTICAL LIMIT and EDGE OF DARKNESS were ok if unremarkable. The only 'bad' ones of his that I've seen are GREEN LANTERN and THE LEGEND OF ZORRO, and both of those films had enough good elements in them that you could tell that the director knew what he was doing but made some bad decisions along the way.

Current rankings:
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,766MI6 Agent

"Beyond Borders" and "Vertical limit" were pretty bad too. Outside of Bond he has about the same number of really good and really bad movies.

• GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 3,099MI6 Agent

Even in his bad movies, he at least knows how to compose a shot and block action.

And I didn't think that VERTICAL LIMIT was bad. I put that one in the 'it's ok' category...unremarkable, good for watching out of the corner of your eye while folding laundry. It would have been better with a more convincing actor in the lead than Chris O'Donnell.

Current rankings: