How to Wash Tommy Bahama Catalina

Hi everyone,

I wondered if anyone had any tips for washing the Catalina Twill shirt. My partner threw the last one I purchased in work and there was considerable shrinkage as well as a hardness to the texture as a result. Really want to keep the same feel and size on my others for the next go around! Any help is very welcome.

Comments

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 293MI6 Agent

I’ve washed mine in cold and laid flat to dry. This option will leave you needing to iron/steam it. I prefer to dry clean it. It comes out very well that way. I would have the cleaners steam it versus pressing it. That’s what I have found that works best.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 3,099MI6 Agent

Dry clean. I've found that washing silk shirts changes the feel of the material, no matter what I do.

Current rankings:
    OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
    TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
    Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton
  • SauceBossSauceBoss Posts: 18MI6 Agent

Oof, I wish I read this before I washed mine lol. Anyway to restore that silky feeling it had? With steam maybe? Or is it just going to be like any of my other regular shirts now.

• JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 281MI6 Agent

Thanks for the advice folks, I had the same problem as you SauceBoss and don’t want to make the same mistake on my other shirt!