Premier of The Spy Who Loved

Their was a recording of this years ago, with commentary from Roger Moore and Ken Adam,but it was never shown,it was most unusual with this strange conversation going on with Roger and Ken,does anyone no the history of this, never shown piace of Bond history,years ago I had a print of the whole thing on VHS tape, but lost it years ago,it's never been shown and rarely talked about,everyone can see great images of the Spy premier,but never any transmission,other than this tape,any information on this rare treatsy would be appreciated.

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    edited June 2021

Hi seanstewart, welcome to AJB. Without wanting to seem patronising, I'm assuming you've searched extensively through YouTube and other similar services?

Would this be of any use? The Spy Who Loved Me 16mm TV news B-Roll footage in HD - Bing video

Or this (Sorry, don't understand the language)? 斯坦利·库布里克的“詹姆斯·邦德”时刻_视频在线观看 - 56.com

• seanstewartseanstewart Posts: 8MI6 Agent

Thanks,I'll try then,have you seen the footage, it's about thirty minutes, of people involved in spy,entering the cinema with the most hilarious insulting comments by Roger,all done in great humour.

It's hard to remember, since it was so many years ago, but very probably- I don't think I'd have missed it.

Yes,I had a vhs copie,not good quality,but lost it,thought it so funny,why Im after it now,seen all the other Roger Moore openings, except for that one, I thought they wouldn't have televised it because of Rogers comment's,he sounded completely drunk,great viewing.

As I say, I'm pretty sure I'd have watched it at the time but obviously with it being over 40 years ago I can't remember too much. I haven't watched it again since then but would be delighted to.

When I track it down,if it's available on dvd,I'll message you the dealers contact details,theirs so many of these hard to find dvd transfers,I'll come across it at some point

For your hopeful amusement-

From Thunderpussy, Charmed & Dangerous and myself-

1977. (The Royal Premiere of “The Spy Who Loved Me”.)

(In the Royal limousine.)

The Duke: Good Lord, Liz, have we got to go to every one of these bloody James Bond films?

The Queen: That we do, Philip. They bring in much foreign money and we must be seen to support that.

The Duke: I wouldn't be surprised if they asked you to put on a bloody parachute yourself for one of these things.

The Queen: Now, don't be silly Philip.

The Duke: Oh well, I suppose you’re right. Anyway, I did enjoy the last one. In Thailand, wasn’t it?

The Queen: Well, partly.

The Duke: I’m surprised that Bond didn’t come across some of those ladyboys- you now, they look like women but really they've got .....

The Queen: Balls, Philip. Look, we're passing the Ritz. Remember those wonderful nights of dancing?

The Duke: More than that, they've still got their....

The Queen: Willi ,um, Willi Bogner, I wonder if he did the skiing? I'll look at the brochure.

The Duke: Edward must have read that, I heard him talking about some Willi action earlier.

The Queen: Yes, one is aware.

The Duke: Now don’t go fawning all over that Roger Moore chap, I know how you like him.

The Queen: One would never do such a thing. Now, remember to be nice to everyone, and that reminds me- Edward wants to work in the theatre, perhaps a kind word might help, so be nice!

The Duke: Me? When am I ever anything but nice?.... especially to these weak wristed effeminate movie types!

(At the theatre.)

Cubby: Right, here they come now. Positions, everyone!

(The Queen and the Duke emerge from their limousine.)

The Queen: Good evening. How nice to see you again, Mr Cabbage.

Cubby: ...er.. yes. May I introduce you to our James Bond, Mr Roger Moore?

The Queen: Of course. Good evening, Mr Moore. (Blushing slightly.)

Roger: (Bowing gracefully.) Always a pleasure, ma’am.

The Queen: I've brought some cream buns from the Palace. May I give you one?

Roger: (Raising an eyebrow.) Really your majesty, the Duke is just here.

The Queen: Oh Roger, here have this one.

Roger: Why ma'am, you've given me the horn.

The Queen: Oh Roger, you are awful. (Lightly slaps his shoulder.)

Roger: I'm impressed- and I haven't said that since the last Bond film in Thailand, when Cubby took me to a club where a Thai lady was doing something impressive with ping pong balls.

The Queen: Philip, come and talk to Mr Moore.

(The Duke is laughing with Cubby, who's showing him a couple of ping pong balls which he quickly puts back in to his jacket pocket.)

The Duke: Darling, for next years Royal Tour, could we do Thailand? I've been talking with Mr Cauliflower and apparently there are several impressive sights to be seen?

The Queen: So I've been told!

The Duke: You’ve done a few of these by now, eh, Moore?

Roger: Why, yes, sir.

The Queen: I think a knighthood might be in order for you soon.

Roger: (Stunned.) Ah, if you say so, Your Majesty.

The Duke: Don’t hold your breath. Another twenty years, I’d say.

Cubby: Next is our beautiful leading lady, Miss Barbara Bach.

The Queen: Good evening, Miss Bach. Are you of German extraction?

Barbara: No, Your Majesty, it's a stage name. My young personal trainer Arnold was going to use it- I remember him saying "I'll be Bach"- but he let me have it.

The Duke: You don’t look Japanese. How is John doing these days?

Barbara: Er?

The Duke: I thought John married some Oriental bint?

The Queen: PHILIP!!!!

The Duke: Sorry, some ASIAN bint?

The Queen: (Louder.) PHILIP!!!!!

The Duke: Sorry, some empowered modern bint... That's bound to be politically correct, isn't it?

Barbara: Er, I’m with Ringo Starr, Your Highness, not John Lennon.

The Duke: Oh, I should have known better.

The Queen: Let it be, Philip.

(I can go on all day with Beatle puns- Barbel.)

Cubby: One of our villains, Mr Richard Kiel.

The Queen: (Staring at Richard’s belt buckle.) Ah, good evening Mr Kiel.

Richard: (Looking down.) Good evening, Your Majesty.

The Duke: (Looking at Richard’s tie.) Good God, you’re fuc-

The Queen: Philip!

The Duke: Er, you’re bloody huge! And who do you play?

Richard: I play Jaws.

The Duke: DER-dum…. DER-dum….. dum-dum-dum-dum-DER-dum-dum-dum…

The Queen: Not that Jaws, Philip. (Pauses.) Do you have a big part?

Philip: Liz!

The Queen: (Flustered.) I mean, a large speaking part?

Richard: No ma’am – no lines at all…

The Queen: (Under her breath.) I wish Philip was like that.

Richard: ….but I look menacing and smash up a few cars.

The Queen: (Under her breath.) I wish Philip wasn’t like that…

Cubby: Singing the title song is Miss Carly Simon.

The Queen: Good evening, Miss Simon.

Carly: Good evening, Your Majesty.

The Duke: Ah, you’re the one who wrote that song about Mick Jagger, aren’t you?

Carly: No, that isn’t right.

The Duke: Warren Beatty then?

Carly: I won’t be discussing that, sir.

Cubby: This is Willi Bogner, in charge of the skiing.

The Queen: Ach, guten Abend, Herr Bogner.

Willi: Guten Abend, Ihre Majestät.

The Duke: I wish you wouldn't speak German every chance you get.

The Queen: The Duke and I were just talking about you on the way here, is that not so Philip?

The Duke: Well, you may have been- I had something else in mind.

Cubby: Shall we go in now, ma’am?

The Queen: Yes, I think that might be best.

Ha ha, yes,I be been crying with laughter ,I can visualise it all now, thanks for that.