Tommy Bahama NTTD Button Up Sizing Question

hey all,

I snagged a size medium version of the black long sleeve tommy bahama since they were sold out of the small. Unfortuately its a bit big on me. Was wondering if anyone had any experience possibly washing an shrinking the garment?

Would love any tips before I decide to return it and hope for a restock of Smalls. Thanks!

Comments

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

Two things:

First, silk doesn't shrink the same way as cotton or wool. It tends to pucker when you use very hot water and/or dry heat, so the fabric will end up a real mess (silk really should be dry cleaned or gently hand washed using a mild soap and cold water).

Second, clothing doesn't shrink evenly in all directions. You may make it shorter in the body and sleeves, but the width in the shoulders and chest probably won't change much. And the synthetic threads normally used for seams won't shrink at all. So it's just going to look weird. Better to get it tailored to your size. Or return it and hope a small turns up. Honestly, if you try to shrink it you'll just end up with a ruined shirt.

• biesnacksbiesnacks Posts: 85MI6 Agent

ty sir, ill return and hope for a restock of the small soon!

• shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent

hi i got a medium and had the sides and sleeves taken in really happy with the fit now

• SchnoeppSchnoepp Posts: 168MI6 Agent

I agree with that.

I also bought size M first and that was clearly too big. Then I later bought size S - fits perfectly. So if you need a TB shirt size M, please let me know.