PayPal International

Dear 007 fans and collectors,

I would like to briefly inform you about my experience with PayPal.

I have offered and sold a 007 garment for 007 Hunderd GBP to a Bond collector. Including insured shipping from D to UK it was then 730,00 GBP. According to the current exchange rate this corresponds to 852,00 EUR. The 007 fan also transferred exactly 730.00 GBP via PayPal.

According to PayPal's own fairytale exchange rate, only 814.00 EUR has then been announced. To credit the money to a German bankaccount PayPal took again 21.00 EUR fee! 😳Here were therefore 59.00 EUR (about 50.00 GBP) collected.

I find this quite brazen, what do you think about it, we can not all trust each other here and simply transfer directly via IBAN & BIC for international transfers? No bank in the world would settle so unserious.

sincerely

Jörg

Comments

• JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent

Yes, unfortunately Paypal has both a fee for Goods/Services transactions and a pretty disadvantageous currency exchange rate.

I always just let people pay in their own currency to avoid having Paypal exchange currencies for me - when I then receive for example Euros (which we do not use in my country), I simply withdraw the money to my bank account and choose the option of letting my card issuer (ie. my bank) exchange the currency rather than Paypal. The bank usually has a much more precise currency exchange rate.

• SchnoeppSchnoepp Posts: 186MI6 Agent

I have had the same experience.

So for me it's clear: no more PayPal for international payments.