The leather jacket and the mid-life crisis

2»

Comments

• GaryorangeGaryorange Posts: 105MI6 Agent

Some fantastic comments and points everyone.

The point about how you feel in a jacket is so important. Maybe THE most important factor , even more than your physique and the style of the jacket.

Ive had a couple of goes at wearing the RGT. It’s a cracking jacket. I just don’t personally feel that it suits me so felt very self conscious - ie it was wearing me.

The Cuba jacket though - I pull it on a feel great even though in the community it’s probably not been seen as one of NTTD better outfits.

i think following a few rules isn’t a bad thing but they are guidelines not the law.

Pull on those leather jackets guys.

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 1,987MI6 Agent

That's interesting - I've got some Bond jackets that border on too "showy" but the RGT is to me the least ostentatious of the bunch!

• GaryorangeGaryorange Posts: 105MI6 Agent

It’s a great jacket…can’t make it work for me but comes back to we’ve all said .

it’s all in the head !

what would we call the ‘showy’ jackets?

• SokaSoka Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    edited September 5

Often, what we see in our heads is vastly at odds with what we refuse to see with our eyes.

• sunny01sunny01 Posts: 462MI6 Agent
    edited September 5

Do you mean people are deluded and think they look good but they look Sh*t?? Please explain!!

• SokaSoka Posts: 22MI6 Agent

To the point that "it's all in the head", I think that's true to an extent. But yes it's human to delude ourselves when it concerns our self-image. It's a head-heart thing. To put it plainly, we always look better in the bathroom mirror :)

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 1,987MI6 Agent

To me the Matchless suede, the Varvatos suede, possibly the Tom Ford Solden thing.

• sunny01sunny01 Posts: 462MI6 Agent

To the point that "it's all in the head", I think that's true to an extent. But yes it's human to delude ourselves when it concerns our self-image. It's a head-heart thing. To put it plainly, we always look better in the bathroom mirror :)

Geez - I hope that's not the case as i hate the way i look min the mirror most of the time! Perhaps the reverse holds true as well! :)

• nicolebotellonicolebotello Posts: 1MI6 Agent

I didn't see mid-life crisis on wearing leather jacket at 40, even daniel craig looks great in leather jacket.