Help please in identifying this...

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone (anyone!) could help me to identify which bond film this could be from - I have come up blank. I am sure I was told when I first had it but, age and alcohol have probably killed the corresponding brain cells. There's a date of 1982 on it which would point to Octopussy (1983) but I don't think that matches. Any thoughts on potential value would be interesting too.

For info, I won it at a NCH Action For Children Charity 'James Bond' night back in 1998 or so - I have no reason to believe its not genuine (although I have nothing to say it is) as there were lots of other donated bond memorabilia from studios, actors etc. won/raffled on that night.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

This is an original John McClusky art panel for one of the Express/Star(?) cartoon dailies. If you look at the last panel John has signed vertically along Bond’s face.

I’m not sure where it’s from, maybe someone more expert could chime in, but I’d guess it’s not one of the film adaptations, maybe one of the original stories they came up with when the films ran out.

A nice piece to win all the same!

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

Having done a little digging, 1982 equates to when The Paradise Plot and Deathmask were serialised, so likely one of those.

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • boxawboxaw Posts: 35MI6 Agent

Wow - thank you very much for this. I should have searched John McClusky!

I turned up this http://jamesbondcomicart.co.uk/james-bond-comic-art-by-john-mclusky/ which you have probably seen and the #489 on the final panel indicates Deathmask as you said.