No Time to Die: The Official Podcast

We had a teaser last year before it was delayed along with the movie, but you can now find the first three episodes in your favourite podcasts platform (I listened to it on Apple Podcasts). Nothing too revealing, but you get quotes from the main cast and, of course, Michael and Babs, plus it gets you going for the movie release (as if we need any encouragement...). Fourth episode is next and will deal with the music, which will probably make it my personal top one.

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
"The very words I live by."

Comments

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters

I'm very much looking forward to episode 4...can't wait to get more of a preview into the music. I wasn't particularly looking out for snippets of NTTD's score in the first 3 podcast episodes, but there was one moment when I thought something sounded like it must be a clip from the new score and even if I was wrong, in that moment I still felt some kind of a thrill.

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent

I had the same feeling, Episode 3 I believe it was. But on a second listening it sounded like a variation on David Arnold’s CR. Which might be an echo of Vesper’s on a certain scene…

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,765MI6 Agent

I've listened to the first two. While they're obviously not giving away the plot, I found it interesting. Safin is supposed to be a scary character, and I think Malek can pull that off. What I didn't know was that BB has wanted him for a part in a Bond movie for about a decade. Malek also said Fukunaga and him talked about shaping the character as early as a year before filming began. I don't ser how that's possible since Fukunaga came in so late.

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

...and episode 4 is now online. Currently downloading it, will listen and post comments later. Ta.

EDIT: Already listened to. Amazing excerpt of the Cuba theme with legendary trumpetist Arturo Sandoval. Zimmer talking about how this was a dream job for him, as he was a huge Barry fan (one can imagine) but also a David Arnold fan (and mate). Nice bit.

Next Monday, the cars and the gadgets.