NTTD Commando Sweater outfit ideas

2»

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent

Yeah I go to the Goodwood Revival most years where everyone is encouraged to dress in period, and it's a lot of fun. But quite a few people do turn up in military uniform and you can tell it's not real (some of them very much so!), and even a period uniform makes me feel a little itchy- I'm never too keen on it.

Some guys come as WW2 GIs and things which I mind a bit less as it's self-evident they're not GIs, plus they're usually driving Jeeps around the place too! (It's often irresistible to shout "Nice Willys, guys!" 😁 )

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent

It's an odd look, isn't it? I've never had a military-style jumper, blue or green, since I was kid (when elbow pads were actually handy!) as there's something a bit dress-up about it. I think if I were sailing a boat or something then it's a good look, it's quite nautical.

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent

that second one isn’t too bad

• forrestalforrestal Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

I got it😋I couldn't give up on this iconic sweater. one of the symbols of NTTD.certainly the price is not cheap.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,126MI6 Agent

Looking good, Sir👍️🍸️

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 583MI6 Agent

Appreciate the background info given here on the heritage and tradition of the sweater (and other items). I don't own it yet and will probably go for an alternative due to usability, but nonetheless it was an interesting read. Either way (whether one choses to wear it or not), one should respect the armed forces and their service.

As a side note, here in Germany some people wear Bundeswehr (German Army) parkas and cut out the yellow (gold) part of the German flag so that it looks like the Antifa logo... 🙄 [the black-red-gold being a flag, by the way, which has always been a symbol of democracy in Germany and is in no way associated with Nazism].

"I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............