Where are you watching NTTD?

Christmas TounesChristmas Tounes GloucestershirePosts: 164MI6 Agent

I've got tickets booked for ODEON Greenwich (IMAX)

and a week later, Pinewood Cinema ๐Ÿ˜„

Looking forward to both.

1. Goldeneye 2. OHMSS 3. Goldfinger 4. TND 5. Octopussy 6. FYEO
7. LALD 8. TWINE 9. Skyfall 10. AVTAK 11. CR 12. TLD 13. YOLT
14. TMWTGG 15. Moonraker 16. TSWLM 17. Thunderball 18. FRWL
19. Dr. No 20. DAF 21. LTK 22. DAD 23. QoS 24. Spectre 25. NTTD
ยซ1

Comments

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent

Most of the cinemas around here are Cinemark. I have a gift certificate for them, so I'll go see it at one of their theaters. If I'm feeling rich, theres a Cinepolis close to home. Seems to be a luxury theater though, which I have no need for.

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

I've hired a West End Cinema for a special screening on the 30th, for 150 of our corporate clients to see it. Did the same for both Skyfall and SPECTRE. Had it booked for the original release date of April last year, how the world has changed since then!

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent

BFI IMAX 8pm on the Thursday.

Odeon Leicester Square 4pm Friday.

I normally go Odeon on release day but I promised to take friends as a birthday treat and they really wanted to go to the IMAX.

Yes. Considerably.
  • GiugiaroGiugiaro Posts: 23MI6 Agent

If anyone sees it at the Waterloo BFI IMAX, then this is the perfect place for an after cinema drink….

Roupell St.

Literally 5 minutes walk away

. Nice pub there too !

or perhaps Pop on for a nice cup of Early Grey at Q’s place.

• OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 584MI6 Agent

Here:

After all the delays, I must say I'm finally getting excited again. This is a very traditional and one of the biggest cinemas in Berlin. It was actually "rescued" by an investor, i.e. re-opened after already being closed, a few years ago, against the ongoing trend of closing cinemas. Really good news for us (West-)Berliners. The only downside is that I will have to see the original version on a smaller screen, because I can't stand the dubbing. I hope it will be "ganz großes Kino" nonetheless (truly great cinema!) ๐Ÿ˜Ž

"I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent

I still had credit remaining from the original tickets I booked back in April 2020 before NTTD was delayed again so I used the ticket credit for tickets once again at the same local IMAX and same exact seats. Normally I would be going on opening weekend in the evening to experience the film in a sold out theater but with the COVID resurgence I am going on Thur 10/14 to a late afternoon show figuring it won't be particularly crowded.

The IMAX theater just has dual digital projection but has a good sized screen (70' x 35') and was renovated a couple of years ago and has great sound. I actually prefer the Dolby Cinema in the same theater complex but the 40 minutes of IMAX footage is in the expanded aspect ratio so I opted for the IMAX.

Unfortunately, no 70mm IMAX film prints for NTTD but it still should look amazing with dual laser projection for those lucky enough to have booked at the BFI or the Odeon Leisester Square.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

Also incredible cake at Konditor!

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

Here in the US, in Arizona, IMAX on Thursday night at the first showing. Then at Harkins Ciné Capri the following morning. Ticket purchased already.

Trying to decide what to wear though…

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • MarkOOMarkMarkOOMark Posts: 91MI6 Agent

We are trusting our experience to local, small town, cinema chain, here in the West Country of England... It's actually a really nice 'retro' theatre, that feels right for a Bond film, as it retains its veltet curtain lavishness, even if it has faded slightly.

I'm very happy to support 'local' and can't wait for our first return to cinema in two years. NTTD and Dune will be our first since Covid...

Where ever you see it, just enjoy it to the max.

Love classic single screen cinemas, especially the few big movie palaces that still operate. One of the best is the Theater Tuschinski in Amsterdam.

Saw a film there a few years ago when we were visiting our daughter in Amsterdam. The place is absolutely beautiful.

• hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

A Regal Cinema in my area. Oct 8 is the first big Friday release of the movie in my city. Booked the best seats for my family for an 8:30pm showing. Now to figure out what to wear!

"I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,249MI6 Agent

The Odeon Leicester Square, London.

I've watched many Bond films here, including my first cinema viewing of a Bond movie in 1979 & Moonraker. This may be the last time I make the effort to see a Bond film at it's traditional London home, so I went for the midnight plus one showing on Thursday morning.

Coffee in Bar Italia may follow before I catch a bus or two home.

• RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent

I have an Edwards cinema 5 minutes away at the mall... I'll go on Friday when released wearing the RGT jacket and OB-T ****

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,792MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

I'd like to convey my sincere jealousy to those of you who are going to watch NTTD on an IMAX screen. I'm watching it in the local municipal cinema myself.

Attending the premiere must be a special experience for anyone lucky enough to be there, especially this year. We all know Barbara Broccoli will profess her undying love for Daniel on the red carpet. Then she'll most likely kneel in front of him and kiss his shoes while tearfully begging him to make another. Michael Wilson will also be there, showering Daniel with obcene amounts of money. Some 100$ bills will probably get stuck in his half-sister's hair, no doubt. To be there ....๐Ÿคฏ

• FrigilianaFrigiliana Posts: 164MI6 Agent

Ambleside Lake District UK

• Hold CommandHold Command LondonPosts: 366MI6 Agent

BFI IMAX at Waterloo, 0001 on Thursday 30th.

Had to see it there as I'm very excited about Hans Zimmer's score and the BFI is LOUD!!!

I hope Mr Zimmer delivers!

Dual 4K Laser Projection, incredible sound and a 85' x 65' screen (40 minutes filmed in IMAX will be show at the full 65' height) that's about as good as it gets for sure.

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff

Thanks to the economic crisis caused by COVID, only one theater in my town is still open (one is still pending, if it can get out of Chapter 11 bankruptcy). . .so there's your answer!

Vox clamantis in deserto

Ok, now I really am excited!!

A shame that there will be no 70mm print showing such as with Nolan's epics, there really is something special about celluloid on that big screen.

The 40 mins of full height footage will be spectacular of that I'm certain.

If only Odeon could install some comfortable seats in their flagship...

• Christmas TounesChristmas Tounes GloucestershirePosts: 164MI6 Agent

Spare a thought for Hardyboy whilst you are trying to take in all the detail of the Dual 4K Lasers!

Absolutely, I consider myself very fortunate to still have a good choice of excellent cinemas both locally and a little further afield. To hear of closures such as Hardyboy mentions saddens me.

In other news... it's UK release week!

• JohnBarryJohnBarry Posts: 11MI6 Agent

I'll be seeing it at 8:40am on Thursday morning in an IMAX screen in Dublin. After all the delays, both before the pandemic and during it, it feels very surreal to be finally in release week.

I'll be seeing it for a second time later in the day.

• Revs1972Revs1972 Posts: 78MI6 Agent

Vue in Paignton at 10am on Thursday.

Looking at the seating plan, it will be me and 2 others so far.

Then i'm taking the lads who worked on it with me to Cribbs Causeway on the 9th in the comfy seats with the Extreme screen

• Christmas TounesChristmas Tounes GloucestershirePosts: 164MI6 Agent

Nice, what work did you do on NTTD? ๐Ÿ‘

• Revs1972Revs1972 Posts: 78MI6 Agent

Steel frame elements of the main sets. Can’t wait to see it (even though majority is covered in flattage ๐Ÿ˜€)

Out of interest, can everyone compare the cinemas we're going to? I'm going to a cinema from 1922. Single screen, absolutely no IMAX. I'm not sure about the number of seats, but I'm guessing about 200. (It depends if they put lose chairs on the floor in front of the screen ๐Ÿ˜).

Anyone using a more modest cinema?

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,129MI6 Agent

Local cinema for me on Screen 1 (out of 6 screens). Capacity in Screen 1 is 286. Originally built in 1931 but modernised and extended over the last 90 years. Could go further afield to watch in a better cinema but this one is decent and has a nice feel to it having watched every Bond film there since Goldeneye.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

VIP cinema in a multiplex. Probably about 60 large, reclining seats with tables that swing out from the arm rests, in-seat service of food and drinks, decent-size screen and good sound. A bit like my home theatre room when I win the lottery.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,129MI6 Agent

This is always a very rare period before going to see the latest release, when we can actually say, "I'm a huge Bond fan, but I've never actually seen all the James Bond films"๐Ÿ˜Š

"Any of the opposition around..?"