Simple list of NTTD clothing brands - no spoilers, no context

For those who aren't able to see NTTD for a while, I thought it would be useful to have a master list of clothing brands/items - just a list with no spoilers or even context (for example, nothing like "The shirt Bond wears when he does X").

I saw in the No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers thread a large blanked out section with a spoiler. I no longer want to visit that thread until I see the movie in case someone copies anything from that post in a reply, or I accidently click on the spoiler tag (my browser sometimes shifts where things appear on my screen as it loads up).

Does this sound like a reasonable idea? I think the items that many people still don't know about would be:

Jeans worn with RGT jacket

Boots worn with RGT jacket (specific colour)

Navy coloured swim shorts

Dark cap worn with Barbour

Comments

• cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent

Also would love to know which of the TF ties made the film besides the dark navy that we already knew about.

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent

@thelordflasheart, great idea. I think a master list is always a good thing to have, instead of having to painstakingly check very long threads. In fact, I directly inquired about it in the NTtD wardrobe thread, but got no answer. It's great of you to offer yourself to do it (if I understood correctly)!

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent

@writingsonthewall I'm not able to populate this thread as I haven't seen the film and won't be able to for a while. There was a post in the NTTD wardrobe thread that said the tag on the jeans worn with the RGT jacket is clearly visible. However, they didn't say what it was and I now no longer feel comfortable visiting that thread.

So hopefully someone will post the brand here (I obviously can't, as per my first post) or even the model if that's been disclosed elsewhere - along with other items.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

I wrote that post. In the moment you get a significant shot from behind when he's throwing the dust sheet away from the Aston in the garage and you can clearly see the label colour and detail of the demin - I was saying as soon as someone can pause the picture and read the label I'm sure there will be a definitive ID.

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

Daniel Craig only wears the one navy Tom Ford tie. It looks like Ralph Fiennes might be wearing one of the other ties. The tie that Craig wears with the blue suit I think is still unidentified.

Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent

are the boots worn with the RGT still a mystery? I thought they have been confirmed as Palladium Pampa Cuff Waterproof Lux in Sunshine/Carafe?

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

I may be wrong, but it looked like a Levi's label to me - red writing on tan leather.

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

Label on the jeans was a plain brown logo.

Scotch & Soda fits the bill multiple ways…

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • StormmauerStormmauer Posts: 121MI6 Agent

Craig is a fan of scotch and soda…

• Alex006Alex006 Posts: 156MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

This is a brilliant idea. I must be alone in this, but I've always thought that having a single, long thread for everything NTTD-wardrobe related is an exercise in futility.

If it were me, I'd do one of three things- create individual clothing message boards for either 1) every Bond movie, 2) every Bond actor, or, at the very least, 3) have two boards; one board for the latest Bond flick, and one board for all the previous entries combined.

That way, you'd have a dedicated message board to talk about all things wardrobe related in INDIVIDUAL threads, making it so much easier to parse through, and not letting topics get lost as easy in a constant shuffle.

Think about it. A 'No Time to Die' clothing board, with individual threads about "Danner Boots," "The RGT jacket," "The Matera Suit," etc. That sounds relatively easy to implement in this day and age, and ridiculously easier to read through.

But hey, what do I know?

• CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

The label on the jeans was dark brown.

I'm sure about that.

I was also surprised to see that the jeans were pretty dark.

I might be wrong, but I would vote for a TF model like this one:

• 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

Great idea . I created a thread for the blue cap . Now there is this master list happy for it to be closed. Like others I’m trying to avoid spoilers until I see it 11 Nov

Anthony
  • ChicoChico Posts: 56MI6 Agent

As of today, the Rag & Bone Henley is on sale for $112.50 but if you sign up for texts they give you a code for another 20% off.

That’s $90 on top of that free shipping!

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent

I'd love it if the jeans were scotch & soda, I own several pairs of their jeans and think they're great. Unfortunately I don't think they are. DC hasn't worn anything from Scotch & Soda in years. His tastes and choices have evolved a lot since 2011 back during the dragon tattoo era when he was wearing S&S jeans frequently. DC often seems to be fixated on a particular brand, wearing several items from it, then later moving on to the next one.

In regards to the garage jeans, the markers to look out for would be labels, stitching details, fit/shape, depth of rise, rear pocket decorative details etc. Can anyone what the colour of them is on screen?

• Ctu92Ctu92 Posts: 14MI6 Agent

I’m wondering this as well. Asked about it in another thread, but didn’t get an answer. Whatsdanielwearing posted the color, but I haven’t seen this confirmed by anyone else. I’d be interested to know since I just grabbed a pair in the sunrise color.

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent

Unless it's been discussed and I've missed it (which is entirely possible) I believe we have one more unidentified item: the black braces worn with the tuxedo in Cuba (I mistakengly thought he would reuse some of the white moiré ones and was surprised by noticing in a rewatch that they were black... as you could clearly see in some of the promotional material. Go figure). Now I assume they keep being Albert & Thurston, but they could very well be something else. Anybody has any info? Thanks in advance.

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • goneontheroadgoneontheroad Posts: 168MI6 Agent

The garage jeans are discussed extensively on another thread. They’re Naked and Famous stretch selvedge. The guys who identified them (not me) did an amazing job.

• jacekalanjacekalan GdyniaPosts: 73MI6 Agent

Was his tactical/utility belt from the commando outfit identified?

• TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

No, but it looks very much like a 'Roll Pin belt' - a favourite of UKSF as well as squaddies/bootnecks back in the day - here's one in black. Need HD images to confirm

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent

It is a standard issue roll pin, but it has been modified by production slightly.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

I see he also has a basic black FFD pouch on the belt which is expected for an operator. Can’t find a decent image but a bit like this.

• Javi1Javi1 Posts: 20MI6 Agent

There is some more information about the belt.

Thank you very much, but what modifications do you have because I would be interested in buying it?

And modify it to be like the screen.

Not entirely sure as I haven’t seen the screen used one, but I think they have added an eyelet to the pull tab on the buckle, and added some leather keepers along with the pouch. Not many images, but if you did out the Christie’s auction catalogue where one was recently sold as part of a set of tactical wear, you do get some better images.

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent

They added custom leather keepers and completely swapped out the nylon tab for a leather one. Plus they added keeper studs to keep it from slipping, which are hidden.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    edited October 2022

Thanks a lot, do you know somewhere where you could make those modifications for me?

Thanks for the clarity @Asp9mm - @Javi1, short answer is no - no one has posted any replica belt images, and apart from the sources suggested, there are no clear images of SU ones in display.

What Asp and I have provided is about as much as we know about it, Asp having seen the SU one, so his comments are the closest, my comments are based on screen and photo observations. Best thing is to look at the photos, buy the belt and find a local leather worker who can make the changes you want as you perceive them.