Things Bond Fans & Movie Fans Should Know about the Bond Series

SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent

Occasionally I glance at posts and listen to reviews and I've concluded that some people don't know the Bond series that well. So, I thought I would post the stuff I thought was obvious.

1. James Bond is the person. 007 is the code name. Meaning 007 can be replaced. Even though I didn't like Skyfall. I thought that movie finally ended that conversation by actually showing the graves of Bond's parents.
  2. From Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, and Brosnan. They are all played the same character. It's just the actors take on that character. Some lighter. Others more serious. But it's the same guy. Not a guy taking a James Bond code name.
  3. Daniel Craig's reboot series is the first clean restart. I think most called it a reboot. But after all the poorly included homage scenes in Daniel Craig's movies like the oil girl and others that say, yes you are watching a Bond Film. I started to think of his films not just as a reboot but as an Alternate Universe or Timeline. One where Daniel Craig's Bond does and has things from the other series just because.
  4. The movies are not the same as the Fleming books. Yes the movies have elements and story bits from the books. At times storylines. But the James Bond character of the movies has never been 100% the character from the books and I can say with 100% certainty never will be.

I think that's it. Or the big ones that I can't believe are debated or even put out there.

"Better late than never."

Comments