NTTD garage scene, jeans identification

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

No idea why a Unicorn is in my post lol

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

yeah, I agree about the movie's home release. As has been repeated ad naseum, N&F has so many different models in any given year that id'ing the exact ones is going to be hard without a product code. In 2018/19 they had 12oz or 12.5oz stretch selvedge in LE models for Dragon Ball Z, made with seaweed, made with hemp, in Indigo Slub, Indigo Super Slub, Kasuri selvedge, Setouchi Selvedge, Deep indigo, Kinetic Super Stretch, etc. etc. And that's not including any special make-ups they did for specialty retailers.

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

So I was able to catch some additional photos on a subsequent watch. Not sure this is going to definitely nail it down, but it might. What do you all think? It now looks like rivets and not the white edging is on the pockets. Thoughts?

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent

The visible rivets on that angle should be the ones circled in red.

They cannot be at the same level.

• jclemzjclemz Posts: 85MI6 Agent

I think that’s actually just one rivet - the photo has obviously captured motion as you can even see the edge of the jacket sleeve in multiple places at once. I’ve managed to get a few shots below and there’s just one dot in them, so pretty certain it’s a rivet.

I agree with you both. It appears to be a single rivet that seems to ‘jump’ from one place to the other I’m screens giving the look of two rivets.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC

Are we sure the palladium pampa boots in sunrise color are the correct ones?

• TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent

After seeing that behind the scenes pic on pg 11 of this thread, no chance. I really don't know how sunrise took hold. I always thought they were chocolate; purchased a pair last year. They look to be either the chocolate or black.

• Yes,

They are identified on James Bond Lifestyle now as well.

• The article states that the wardrobe team used the sunrise/carafe lux cuff boots but added a custom touch, darkened them and distressed them.

Thanks for the clarification.

• bondfan10bondfan10 Posts: 79MI6 Agent

I wonder why they did the darkening and distressing of the Palladiums when they weren't even featured/visible in the movie.

• SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent

Obviously not the 11 oz. as orange stitching too prominent.

Obviously not the Super Guy as too skinny.

My opinion.

• The Palladium in Sunrise/ Carafe are an oiled leather, that will darken with age and use

• Maybe they are the weird guy with real gold buttons and real gold selvedge thread haha

https://tateandyoko.com/products/naked-famous-weird-guy-real-gold-selvedge

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

If you mean the jeans they're the 12.5oz Stretch Selvedge in 'Weird guy' fit. I seem to recall I mentioned it here...

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent

I'd imagine they wanted to make the boots less conspicuous on film. There's so much work in big budget movies that goes into framing, set design, and dressing of a scene so the audience correctly understands what the filmmaker wants to convey. Its called 'mise en scene'.

It would really inappropriately eye catching and distracting if a pair of bright orange boots appeared in the corner of a shot for a couple seconds, even at a sub-conscious level.

I'd say those were the only boots they had to shoot with, for whatever reason. When It came closer to the date of shooting they realized the colour of the boots was a potential problem and darkening them was their solution!

• They are the Sunrise / Carafe colorway. Here's a picture of the "sunrise" leather new, and a picture of it after a lot of wear and age:

I bought a pair 12.5oz Stretch Weird Guy and they sent the wrong size waist. Ordered 34 they sent 33. I don’t like the fit enough on me pay that price for them so I won’t exchange them. In fact I’ve already packaged them back to return them. For now I’ll stick with my 7FAM from QoS, AG Jeans, R&B jeans and my Revtown Jeans. I did manage to get a used 34 Weird Guy in a 34 that I can’t return. Got them off Poshmark for $50. They were washed, shrank a little. I’ll see if I can get them to stretch back out to be close to the 34 fit again.

For anyone wanting to grab a pair though I do highly recommend going to either of the following:

or

• MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent

Interesting... that Franklin Rd Apparel Company is just right up Franklin Rd from me.. (about 30 mins away) Historic Franklin is a cool city to visit.. great historic square.....

• RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent

I got the 11oz weird guy fit in size 33. The size was perfect. Nice and stretchy. Slim fit for sure. Here’s a couple of photos

Yes, perfect fit !

• AnonAnon Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

Long time lurker, first time poster. I just feel like I had to weight in on this.

After getting the 4K version today and taking some screenshots frame by frame, I am convinced that in the end, the garage jeans is the N&F Stretch Selvedge in 12.5oz.

While the 11oz is a very solid candidate, I have yet to see a proof of bond wearing a jeans with a white selvedge line on the coin pocket edge.

However, the 12.5oz has :

• The correct jean pattern, white those kind of vertical white lines in the fabric
    • The matching leather tag color (slightly darker than the orange 11oz)
    • The dark orange stitching (also slightly darker than the orange 11oz)
    • Doesn't have the white selvedge line, that has not been seen in the film nor the stills

The 11oz tag and stitching color is too light and the fabric pattern too muted to be the SA one.

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

Yeah now reviewing the HD version the rivet def appeared to give me wrong impression of white coin pocket

Instagram - bondclothes007

The 11 and 12.5 OZ models are very close.

The only notable difference is the white line on the coin pocket.

I bought both models.

I must admit the 11OZ model is more comfortable

• RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent

Too bad they're sold out everywhere

• Are we certain there is no selvedge edge on the pocket? That looks pretty white to me. Granted the picture quality is terrible.

• AnonAnon Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

It's the outside rivet, motion blurred. In the first screen, you see the first frame when the whitened rivet appeared before the motion blur takes effect. Look at its position relatively to the vertical side hip stitch, then notice on the second screen that its the same rivet. There is no white selvedge line on the coin pocket on screen/in the few stills out. I'm 100% confident this is the 12.5oz N&F.

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

Precisely my thought since the beginning, told you