NTTD garage scene, jeans identification

1789101113»

Comments

• 405405 Posts: 119MI6 Agent

A comment on sizing on the N&F 12.5oz Stretch Selvedge,

My waist with a measuring tape is 34.5"-35". I went with a tag size 32 which according to the N&F sizing table is for a 34" waist. The tag size 32 fits perfectly.

I expected these to loosen up so I sized down instead of going with a 33 which shows a 35" waist measurement, I think that would have been too loose.

Hopefully this helps someone else out that is unable to try them on locally before ordering online.

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

I concur with @405 here. Your normal size jeans waist may or may not work.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • MB6073MB6073 Posts: 35MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

A Naked and Famous retailer in Canada has their denim for 30-40% off. Worth a peek if people are still looking. As Well I believe they offer international shipping 🍻

https://www.altitude-sports.com/search/?q=naked%20and%20famous&filter.category_hierarchy=Men

• They don't offer discounts on the stretch selvedge unfortunately

• I have 2 pair of size 33 in 12.5 stretch selvedge if anyone is after them. PM me.

• TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent

Anyone purchase a size 30 or 31? Can you tell me what the waist measurement is with the top of the front and back of the waist lined up? Getting conflicting into from some stores.

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent

I’m breaking down and considering buying a pair. Do any online retailers have the 12.5 oz in standard sizes or will I have to wait for a future run?

• DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent

My pair of the 12.5oz in size 31 measures 16" across at the waist. I wear a size 48IT in BC jeans and trousers, and these fit perfectly. They stretch about 1/2" with the 2% elastane.

Kind regards,

Craig

• TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent

Thanks! Is that with the waist lined up at the top of jeans? Like this? People measure differently so just want to be sure.

• DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent

No, not lined up exactly like in the pic. The denim is pretty stiff and there's a natural drape to the front of the jeans. I'd say the measurement was taken with the front edge sitting about an inch below the back edge. Add about 1/4" to what I listed if you want them exactly lined up. They're still not 33" like the Tate & Yoko size chart shows. Hope this helps.