NTTD garage scene, jeans identification

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

Doesnt the stretch selvedge model NOT have the white coin pocket trim?

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent

Just woke up to the news. Wow, what a journey this has been! Congrats to @JTullock23 and @MrE for being the first to ID the brand.

I'm personally so glad these jeans are affordable and high quality. Its really nice to have a totally new brand for a change too!

I find it absolutely hilarious that Naked & Famous pride themselves on not using celebrity marketing to sell their jeans, and here's James Bond wearing a pair. It'll be interesting to see if they make any postings about their appearance in NTTD. That would be torture for any brand to resist.

"Instead of relying on celebrity endorsements and expensive ad campaigns, we devote all of our resources to sourcing the world’s best fabric and turning it into awesome jeans. No advertising, no washes, no pre-distressing, no nonsense. Just excellent denim at a reasonable price."

Like others have mentioned, I believe they're the 12.5oz indigo rope dyed stretch selvedge in weird guy cut here.

Unfortunately mostly sold out now it appears. Its one of their core products so you'd think they'll restock at some point.

I did manage to nab a size 38, I'm usually a 36 and occasionally a 34. If anyone has a 36 to part with or trade, please let me know!!

Really proud of the work that's been done here. Great stuff guys.

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

I’m in a store trying on the Stretch Selvedge. Photos below. They do have the detail on the coin pocket. Peep the photos:

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC

White coin pocket trim aside, the 11oz stretch selvedge has much brighter orange stitching than the 12.5oz. Personally the 12.5oz looks much closer to what Bond's wearing.

11oz stretch selvedge:

12.5oz stretch selvedge:

That and the 'stripey' look are pointing to the 12.5oz

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

Well to be clear guys the contact I have stated that they're the model I pointed out earlier. Pretty much secure source but couldn't confirm it before due to the movie not being out and some other issues. The right fit is the 'Weird guy'

Don't know what you were told @MrE but this is what I know. Obviously the colour could be a little different from pair to pair due to the treatment used for the canvas and obviously lighting from and editing the movie. That's all!

So for those who want to buy them feel completely free to ignore my suggestion or not. It's up to you...

Thank you! That link to the ones you linked doesn’t have the white selvedge detailing in the coin pocket. The photos I took while at the store today did have it. Not sure they are 100% them. The light in the store made it difficult to get a super clear photo of the warp and weft. I am still curious if we will ever 100% identify them seeing as the film was filmed so many years back.

What do you all think about the photos I posted in my last post?

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC

Mattia, I just had a pair of Weird Guys in my hands. I wasn’t 100% convinced or 100% not convinced it is the Weird Guys by looking at them. It really could be them, as stated by your contact. As you know they could have slightly changed in the past year or so.

The ones I had in my hands didn’t appear to be the right color based on the first photos from the film I posted a week or so ago.

• 405405 Posts: 119MI6 Agent

Does anyone have a source for the N&F Weird Guy in Stretch Selvedge that offers refunds? Both the tateandyoko and nakedandfamousnyc webstores do not offer refunds. I think I have my size narrowed down but would still like to order a couple different ones to check fit as I dont have any of their jeans. It is a shame they do not offer refunds and makes me very hesitant to order.

As I repeat, that's what he stated so my contact should be quite sure about.

Was on the fence to tell you all you were nailing the brand, but had to stop myself😁 Yes the only thing is the colour but again as they're not made of the exact same bolt of fabric - and we must remember they were purchased almost 2 years ago - something could reasonably have changed, no doubt.

How are them in person?

@JTullock23 How is the Weird Guy cut sizing? I've been looking at the measurement chart on tateandyoko, and they seem very weird indeed. Very big at the waist but quite slim in the thighs and knees. Was this your experience wearing them? would you recommend sizing up? etc.

I believe your contact is correct. They are great in person, but not sure they are for me because of the weight of the fabric. It may be a little too heavy for where I live. I live in just about the hottest state in the US so the lighter the better. I like them very much. They should hold up a long time and be perfect as they age.

Good job to everyone involved in tracking these down.

As far as the sizing on me, a 34 was snug in the waist, but not terrible. They were quite a bit more narrow in the leg than I thought they would be. I’d recommend sizing up if you or any other buyer has thicker legs, or a perfectly formed a$$. If I were to have bought them I’d likely have purchased a 35, if available. They didn’t have a 36 so I couldn’t try it. I’d fear that for me a 36 would be fine everywhere, but large in the waist as the 34 was almost perfect.

Hope that helps.

Thanks man, yeah that does help! What size jeans do you normally go for?

I just spoke to a guy from the N&F NYC store. He said they will definitely stretch with use, to different degrees depending on the fabric. 100% cotton will stretch from 3/4 of an inch up to 1 inch, whereas 2% elastane denim will stretch around half an inch. Definitely something worth taking into consideration.

Despite having bigger swimmer type legs, he said I'd be fine with Weird Guy. He said rugby player builds go for Easy Guy.

Hate buying jeans online!!

The photos I posted recently, tried on and liked the most were the Easy Guy. I do feel that wearing the Weird Guys at a 34 would give and be perfect after a bit. I’d be afraid to put anything in my pockets for fear of cause a weird pattern of fading that may not be what I want, keys, phone, etc.

Normally a 34x30 or if I want to roll them a bit 31 or longer. My AG Jeans are 34.

• You realize what this means don't you?

....Obi Sean Kenobi...is no Jedi.

• RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent

So have we decided that these are in fact the 12.5 Stretch Denim in Weird Guy?

• CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent

Congratulations for identifying the jeans!

I may be wrong, but I don't think the model has a white line on the coin pocket.

Don't forget that the model is from previous seasons

If I can get to another showing soon I’ll try to snap a photo, but as he walks in front of the Aston Martin I looks like you can see the white stripe as plan as day. I could be wrong. But I’ve seen the movie 5 times and I am almost 100% sure I’ve seen it all four times.

• CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent

Thanks for you help!

Any time. I’m traveling the next few days so I may not get there for a bit.

I just picked up this pair of N&F I was able to purchase this AM. These are Wise Guys I’ll report back once I have them in hand

• Like the barbour graham, details can be changed season to season, unless you have every jean from 2 collections ago, or the screen worn pair...I wouldn't sweat the details. I think when they reissued the tf grey jeans they even had to change the product code because it was a slightly different fabric. Went from BPJ to BVJ.

Well said, @trigger_finger. We look to Bond, and others, for style ideas. It would be great to have an SA item or items, but we don’t want to do cosplay. But we also love to have those hidden Bond Moments.

• After reading through Mattia De Varti's comments, I'm 99% sure he knows who makes the navy swimming trunks.

If it really is some form of agreement that can't be violated, at least offer the guys on here who are looking forward

to them, a bit more of an explanation than that or at least an ETA. I know some think I'm dying to have them which

couldn't be further from the truth. If they are a good price, I might pick them up. I'm just driving the point home

because I'm standing up for the little guy. I think you would be surprised by how displeased a lot of guys are on here,

they feel like the influencers and big shots are acting way too stuck up and elitist. Perhaps "the bond community" isn't quite

as altruistic as we would be led to believe? I'm not trying to rock the boat, I'm just bringing this issue into the light.

Again, not asking for any business agreements to be violated, but just asking for a little more information. Keep it vague

if you want to. But I think a lot of guys on here are getting burnt out by the apparent "mightier than though" attitude.

I say apparent because that's how it appears, maybe that's not the motive behind it, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Here I am just trying to have a simple conversation, but just wait for it. I'll probably get backlash for even bringing this up.

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

This is the jeans thread is it not?

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.