NTTD garage scene, jeans identification

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

Yup just came out of cinema. White pocket edging definitely there!!

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent

I wouldn’t get too excited. They’re about as interesting as these very generic pair of jeans.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • otacon 01otacon 01 Posts: 74MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

Edit: formatting error on my phone. Couldn't get the quoted posts to disappear.

edited October 2021

I think I missed something...

Is there a reason besides the coin pocket selvedge detail that you guys think these are n&f? Because a lot of brands do that, and the back leather patch is not a N&F patch in the movie.

Edit: I looked at another screen cap and it looks like it could maybe be an N&F patch in that one, but most of the ones posted earlier appear much to square-ish to be it, and more like the unbranded one. I guess that could be do to a number of factors. I can also faintly see what does appear to be the nude "Pin-Up" branding on the leather, so maybe I was mistaken.

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

Thank you for confirming this. I was starting to second guess myself.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent

So.

IF it is NF,

and IF it is stretch selvedge,

is it then rather the Super Guy cut, as the Weird Guy cut does NOT have the white pocket edging?

• SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent

A good leg shot. I think these legs should fit in the slim TF jeans very well 😁

• MyselfMyself Posts: 64MI6 Agent

The 11oz Stretch Selvedge Weird Guy have the white pocket edging.

I agree with @Myself regarding the edging of the coin pocket on the Weird Guy. I saw a pair first hand, but they didn’t have my size to try on.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent

It could also be this model:

Stretch selvedge, Weird Guy, no stiches on the sides of the label and white line on the coin pocket

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent

I'll admit to being on the fence about these jeans. They're on screen for mere seconds*, and ordering jeans online is such a crapshoot.

And I would say that fit matters more for jeans than for anything this side of suits. I hope those who buy the N&Fs will give some reports about sizing, how they fit in the butt, thighs, calves, etc., as I am unlikely to be able to try them on in person before I make a purchase decision. Pics would also be welcome.

*Compared with the 7 for All Mankind jeans in QoS which played such a big role in the film.

• RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent

Those are too light, they're definitely the indigo color

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

Don't want to be the devil's advocate, but all the times I've seen the movie I didn't notice the white stripe, probably because it's just a question of milliseconds. Could it be the pocket coin rivets that give the effect while Bond is swinging his legs?

And then, the super guy fit seems a little tight compared to the roomy fit we've seen on Bond on promotional shots.

Then, as someone has pointed out, these models change in time so a feature can be added or changed in almost 2 years time

• CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent

Difficult to know what model, cut, weight (OZ) and color...

I'm lost

The stretch selvedge, Weird Guy model doesn't have indeed the white line on the coin pocket.

However, the color of both the jeans and label are very close.

Is it because the newer version has no white line?

@Commandant You’re correct. The more recently made ones do not. However, I think some of the older ones may have, but I can’t say that with 100% assurance.

As I’m sure we are now aware the current ones that N&F have with the white stitching are their Super Guy (Skinny Fit), Easy Guy (A Sharp Taper jean with a little fuller seat and legs) and Strong Guy (A very relaxed fit Jean). We can certainly say the Strong Guy isn’t that one. But since the movie was made so long ago who knows for sure which is the SA one. I concur with the sentiments of getting what fits your body type best.

Happy Hunting!

I am confident the jeans he had in has the white stitching on it, but it could have been blurring from rivets I suppose.

I agree that Super Guy may be too tight based on the shots we see. The could be their Easy Guy or a Weird Guy from a few years back that had the stitching on the pocket. I’m hoping to see the film again in the next two - three days. I’ll try to capture I photo then.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2021

Details change from season to season. The movie was filmed years ago. Word of advice: Don't waste 10 years of your life waiting for a screen accurate pair of weird guy jeans to pop up on eBay.

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

For me I was happy with the look of the N&F 11oz and gotta say the Weird guy fit is great.

I took my normal size, same SnS Ralston, TF,even cheapy Next jeans

Happy with colour, and the coin pocket trim is there too.

I took a few shots and these below rep the actual colour well...

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

If they're N&F, the screenshots look like weird guy fit to me. Super Guy is pretty skinny (if I remember correctly, it used to be Super Skinny Guy, which was a thinner version of Skinny Guy, so...use your imagination [or look at one of the countless size charts out there for them]).

N&F does so many variations every season with so many different kinds of denim, until we get a better look at the stitching, I'm not sure we're going to be able to figure it out.

Might be, or another one of their other less-dark dyes.

https://tateandyoko.com/collections/naked-and-famous-weird-guy

Two things spring to mind to consider:

1. We're looking at something that's been color corrected in the screencaps of the film, after it's had a lot of light put on it on-set. Because of the starch and because it's a very blue thread next to a very white, you can get all kinds of shade variation depending on the lighting conditions.
    2. Look again at those screencaps: the jeans look much brighter than the so-dark-blue-it's-almost-black of most raw denim. Naked and Famous does do some lighter (more frequently now than they used to, it seems). This could from a number of factors, so I wouldn't totally write off a lighter pair just yet.

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent

Thanks for the heads up 007Jb buddy , taking a chance too.

I see Remmy put them as an ID on his site yesterday but not which style, gave 2 choices.

Need a pair of jeans anyway and the chances of finding out what SA type these are is pretty rare , I'd say even as far as finding out about those pesky shorts 😁

Thats that outfit completed anyway to my satisfaction.

Maybe David will interview Suttirat 1 day just like he did for Lindy , lets just hope it doesn't take 15 years + 😆

007 reporting for duty
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent

sorry to ask but how muuch are the n&f wierd guys go for ? cheers

Yes i did ride the CAT

£150 for the 11oz.

They are really nice and fit similar to SnS Ralston top half, just a little looser in the calf. Which those of us clocking on is Def more "in" I'm told 😂

• bondfan10bondfan10 Posts: 79MI6 Agent

Is there a link to the suspected ones? Thanks

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent

I am sure this has been addressed somewhere but is Naked and Famous one of Craig's preferred bands? He's such a denimhead, it's hard to imagine him not choosing one of his personal favorites.

Jeanstore had them I think too

For those in the states, I HIGHLY recommend this store - link below. They are in Tennessee and are fantastic.