Where is Christoph Waltz?

Considering the star power of Christoph Waltz, isn’t it a little unusual that he has not been involved in any press around NTTD? Nor was he present at the premiere. He is one of the few (non-MI6 character) actors to return for another film. His screen time may have been shorter this time, in comparison to Rami Malek’s but it does seem a little strange that he is completely missing from the promotion around the film.

Comments

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent

He may have other commitments, or agreed before making his return in NTTD that he didn't want to do the publicity events.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

He made some negative comments about the Spectre premiere, so I wasn't surprised that he wasn't involved in the NTTD premiere.

• BalbianelloBalbianello Posts: 6MI6 Agent

I wasn’t aware of this, what did he say?

It’s a shame. He had mentioned he wasn’t quite happy with his involvement in Spectre, but after coming back for another go with NTTD it still feels like he’s distanced from the role.

He was on the red carpet and being interviewed live, and when asked what he thought of the Royal premiere, he described it as 'ridiculous' or something similar and it was most definitely a negative 'ridiculous' rather than a 'wow, this is amazing' ridiculous. The publicity he did for Spectre seemed to be of the contractual sort, ie: 'It's in my contract so I have to go along with it' when being interviewed, but for the most part he clearly didn't enjoy it and didn't make much effort to hide that feeling. He obviously did everything possible not to have to do any publicity for NTTD it would seem.

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent

Yeah, they all looked like misery guts actually at the promo, there's a photo with Craig there where they all looked glum. Waltz didn't enter into the spirit of it, not helped by him not being allowed to say he was 'Blofeld'.

He's not in it much, the new film, however so it doesn't matter.

On a side note, he is locked in my basement.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,793MI6 Agent

Do you serve him fresh milk every day?

Is he in a cuckoo clock?

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent

He is currently filming in New Mexico, so maybe wasn't able to fly over.

James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

I thought the title of this thread was an ironic dig at how poor his performance as Blofeld was (once again) in NTTD.

Underwhelming, but then I suppose there’s only so much you can do tied into that chair, with that dialogue.

What a waste of Spectre in this film. EON having fought so long for the rights, only to squander them as woefully as they did in the last 2 films…

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,793MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

I have to agree. Quantum worked well enough for Craig. EON should've sat on the rights to Blofeld and SPECTRE until the next Bond actor could do a SPECTRE trilogy. Or failing this, at least make Blofeld the main villan of NTTD.