A little confused.......

This afternoon I got home from a family visit to find Spy Who Loved Me was on the TV so being a fan of the film I sat and watched it, fantastic movie and Sir Roger Moore's best Bond in my opinion, any way when it finished I noticed the James Bond will return credit item said, in For Your Eyes Only, now what confused me was/ is I thought after SWLM it was Moonraker? Did they originally intend to release FYEO before Moonraker or was it something to do with the books?

Comments

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent

It was originally going to be FYEO but due to the success of Star Wars and other science-fiction movies at that time , Cubby decided to cash in on that success and went with MR instead because the basis of the MR novel is sci-if related.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent

So it was Star Wars fault then?

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,052Chief of Staff

True, from a certain point of view.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,906MI6 Agent
    edited December 2021

as always I wonder why Moonraker was not only only the last novel to be adapted, but they intended to adapt a book of short stories before it. Fleming's book seems more inherently cinematic then most of the novels that had gotten adapted so far in the 1970s