Tommy Bahama Catalina Restocked

Seems a full run for the Black Catalina have been added back to the TB site for those looking for one or several.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC

Comments

• RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

I wish they had the pit to pit measurements.... I know they run large but not sure if i'm a medium or a large

Well I found someone selling a large here back in Sep and the large is 23.5 pit to pit which is too big, I'm assuming the medium is around 22-22.5 so I ordered a medium

• SnorpleySnorpley Posts: 86MI6 Agent

Thanks @JTullock23 !

Q for the Aussies around here: Has anyone been able to source this piece? TB in Aus have never had it (in my experience) and TB USA doesn't ship to us in Australia. Cheers all.

...a brother from Sydney
  • BlofeldsWhiteCatBlofeldsWhiteCat Posts: 9MI6 Agent

I got one a while back when they had a discount. Used a postal forwarder (Australia's own ShopMate), which wasn't even too expensive in the end.

• SnorpleySnorpley Posts: 86MI6 Agent

@BlofeldsWhiteCat Cheers mate

...a brother from Sydney
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

@RichardCard82 Yes, I’d say a medium would possibly be best. See photo below. This is a medium I proxy purchased for a mate in Australia. This was obviously prior to any cleaning.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • JTBondJTBond Posts: 112MI6 Agent

I didn't know why they always show XS in stock but when you go to purchase it says not available.

Even the medium looks pretty big.... I'll have to call and ask about a size small

What size do you normally wear? What is yours chest measurement? I’m about a 43 and the medium fits me perfectly.

edited October 2021

Yeah I'm also 43, so I think the medium is the perfect fit. Thank god I ordered last night, they're sold out as of this morning. I did call to get exact measurements but they phone rep didn't have any other information as to the exact size of the shirt.

Did you get yours hemmed for SA?

I previously bought a large, had it hemmed to be SA. Lost weight and it was enormous. I sold it. Was going to get a medium, but decided against it since I didn’t want to lose more weight and have yet another one that would be too big that I couldn’t wear. I presently do not own one. The medium in the photo is one I helped be a proxy buyer for an Aussie friend here that couldn’t get it there.

• mr.moneypennymr.moneypenny Posts: 9MI6 Agent

I've bought this and many other shirts from Tommy Bahama and I always take one size down from my regular size to get a good fit

• CajunCajun Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

Most TB shirts I have, to include the Catalina, are size Small even though Medium is my size in 90% of other brands.

I edit, therefore I am.
  • DontCallMeJrDontCallMeJr Posts: 19MI6 Agent

Anyone happen to have a small that was too small in them? I got an XS and it was a but snug. So looking for a small, or even possibly a medium. But I have the short sleeved camp shirt version in a small and it's ideal.