Lightening strikes...*very mild spoilers?*

It's interesting how movies and TV seem to move thematically sometimes with things being on-trend. Watching episodes of Sky political thriller Cobra: Cyber War, which is currently out in the UK and stars Bond alumni Robert Caryle, the latter half of the series features a world ending weapon with the same Greek mythology name, in the classical spelling and pronunciation, as...the NTTD world ending weapon.

Filmed in late 2020 through early 2021, and allegedly written in the first part of that year I did wonder if writer Ben Richards had maybe seen a preview (if there were any) before the original NTTD delay in April 2020 or even if as a similarly aged writer with a similarly British espionage steeped pedigree there had been some writers lunch in the dim distant past where Greek gods were bandied in conversation and multiple parties left thinking...that would make a cool name for a weapon..?

Will be interesting to see what other echos of NTTD appear on screens in the next few years.

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

The name of the project in NTTD was Heracles, the original Greek name of Hercules. Heracles was struck insane by the gods and killed his family. He then started his twelve great labours to be forgiven. Heracles can be compared to M who continued the nanorobot program to kill terrorists, something that was untypical of him and an "insane" thing to do. The great labours fell mainly on Bond and Nomi, but M lost one MI6 employee who was (in Vin Diesel voice:) family.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

Yes, an excellent reworking and who can resist a trail that leads from Mount Olympus to Vin Diesel! 😁. I’m perhaps old and British enough where Greek and Latin was still on the curriculum and remember the start of the FaF franchise (in, what was it…1904?!), so your perfect demographic - and that’s what Cobra uses but I was hedging if that was a spoiler or not if you’d seen one but not the other 😝

I admit linking Greek myth and Vin Diesel isn't half bad. Now I have a challenge to the forum (and Barbel in particular) to follow this with a post seamlesly linking Shakespeare and Vin Diesel. Or Norse myths and Kim Kardashian. 😁😂

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Sorry, I don't know (or care) much about Vin Diesel or Kim Kardashian and you'd know more about Norse mythology than I do.

But your expertise about the great bare is legendary! 🧐

The great bare? Is that the Kardashian?

N24, we'd better stop now before Napoleon Plural gives us a telling off.

edited October 2021

😬☠️💩😫😵 autocorrect!!!!!!!

(Sorry for using strong language)