Film recommendations?

Hello AJB’ers! I’ve just had a bad positive covid test so unfortunately am going to have to isolate for 10 days , does anyone have any film recommendations, looking for action films ideally but like comedy too.

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,790MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

First of all I wish you a full and speedy recovery. I imagine isolation is a good oportunity to watch movies you normally wouldn't take the time and effort to watch, but are worth the effort. I don't know where you're from and if you're used to subtitles, but I'm going to suggest what I know.

Headhunters (2011)

This heist thriller based on a Jo Nesbø novel is tense, stylish and inventive. Empire Magazine rated it the best thriller in 2011.

Troll hunter (2010)

A "lost footage" comedy about students looking for trolls in the mountains. Empire Magazine rated the trolls the best movie monsters that year.

Max Manus - Man of War (2008)

Based on a true story about a secret agent and saboteur in nazi-occupied Norway. I doubt any Bond fan will fail to enjoy this movie. If you watch and like this one, follow it up with the mini-series "Saboteurs/ The Heavy water war" (2015). This is a real men-on-a-mission story to rival the best fictional ones. To quote a US newspaper headline from 1945: "Nine men against Hitler's atom bomb!"

Parasite (2019)

Now a "foreign" movie. This South-Korean comedy/drama/thriller won the Oscars for Best Movie, partly because of Quentin Tarantino campaigning for it. Inventive, absurd, smart.

• mynameisbond007mynameisbond007 Posts: 68MI6 Agent

Thanks Number24, they all sound really interesting , I’ve seen parasite but not the others so will check those out 👍🏼

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,249MI6 Agent

You could watch 24 Bond films (or 26 if you want the unofficial entries) and 30 Carry On movies... ITV2 is showing Harry Potter again from Monday. Anything by Hitchcock if you can get it on download. More than enough for 10 days. Good luck and best wishes on a speedy recovery.