Matchless alternatives

evening all, I absolutely love the Matchless jacket that DC wore in spectre but am loathe to pay the £695 asking price, does anyone know any good alternatives that are cheaper. Thanks

Comments

• armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent

It seems Wested makes a version of it. I'm curious if anyone on here has bought one and can tell us how it compares?

Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

I have no experience with the Matchless, but I own Wested's Morocco Jacket in both beige and black. The Morocco might just be the best example of Wested's suede work since it mimics all of the great details that make the Matchless unique. Be aware the Morocco is a slim fit by design and doesn't have a wired collar for shaping it as the Matchless does. Needless to say, beige suede shows dirt and oils very easily.

I recommend getting a standard off-the-rack size for an easy return.

I edit, therefore I am.
  • Bottled_in_BondBottled_in_Bond Posts: 19MI6 Agent

I bought the Wested Morocco in beige with their Black Friday discount. It just arrived and I am very pleased. I also have not seen the original Matchless in person, only on David Zarisky's video review. It appears to match all the important details. The lining is silver and has Wested branding instead of Matchless of course. The main difference is that the leather seems to be thicker and heavier than the Matchless. That's fine with me.

This is my second Wested jacket. I also have a Raider's jacket that I got a couple years ago. Very happy with that one also. The fast DHL shipping is impressive too. London to Washington State in 3 days!