Limited Soundtrack? (SPOILERS)

As I listen to the soundtrack. I noticed there were some key scenes that had the background score left out. Of which comes to mind the opening "flashback" scene and specifically the "boat" scene. WIll there be or is there an extended soundtrack of some kind?

*Tried to minimize spoilers here.

Comments

• simon78simon78 Posts: 11MI6 Agent

Barbara B has said the music of Bond will play a big part of the 60th Anniversary celebrations so you never know.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,129MI6 Agent

This happens with every soundtrack release sadly. There are always pieces missing. The expanded re-releases of some the original soundtracks filled in the gaps. The Bond Back in Action 1 and 2 are also good for this. It would be nice to have a Bond Back in Action 3

It really bugs me that We Have All The Time in The World is not on the NTTD soundtrack.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,930MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

well Thunderball for example only included half the music on the album, I think somehow the album came out early while they were still completing the film?. You have to get the expanded CD, or the 30th Anniversary CD with bonus disc (20 minute long Thunderball Suite, plus two vocal versions of Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang make this one essential), to get all that great music that wasnt on the original Thunderball lp.

Anyway they had a full year and a half after completing this new film to compile the tracklist of the soundtrack album, so anything missing would be due to choice not time crunch. Is the missing We Have All The Time in The World the Louis Armstrong version, or the new instrumental version heard in the film? Is any of the other Barry-written music missing from the soundtrack? if so, maybe rights issues? If its just Louis thats missing, that song's already available on a better soundtrack album you already oughta have in your collection.

• bondfan10bondfan10 Posts: 79MI6 Agent

Some examples of OST left out would include the flashback scene, graveyard visit scene, the boat scene, the full prison scene, some parts of the final battle scene. I'm hoping there is an extended version of some kind.

• YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent

When Bond is on the bridge in Matera, and the Maserati is driving straight at him, you hear some sort of alarm sound. Couldn't find that on the soundtrack either.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,129MI6 Agent

It's the Louis Armstrong original that doesn't appear on the NTTD soundtrack. I have it elsewhere of course, so that's not an issue, it just bugs me when listening to the whole album that this song, which is part of the film, doesn't appear on the soundtrack. I don't want to listen to the whole soundtrack and then scroll through my collection to listen to Louis Armstrong's WHATTITW from another album, or create a new playlist adding this to the end.

We should be thankful I guess, at least the title song appears on the album this time.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent

What are the additional Q 1 to 4 on the vinyl compared to the CD?