Q's Toaster - SMEG Union Jack

If you wanna drop around $250 USD on a toaster to round out 007 themed utilitarian goods- Looks like Q has his kitchen equipped with the SMEG Union Jack toaster....

You can see the raised lettering as Q is cutting up a cucumber in the kitchen.. if you flip through the pics on the Amazon listing you can see its definitely the same piece.

Comments

• MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent

Looks like a SMEG fridge as well....

And just because I am excessively bored this evening... I didn't locate the exact model - but the "cat tower" in his dining room with the scratching post on one of the three legs to the stand appears similar in design to the expensive Sauder Woodworking brand of cat towers....

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

That looks like the pastel blue SMEG blender at the back beside the Union Jack toaster, too. Q must have stumbled on a SMEG sale!

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent

Been serving me well for over two years…stoked I’m finally ahead of the Bond collecting game on something…did not expect that something to be a toaster haha

edited November 2021

They're definitely sharp looking (The Smeg toaster)... but whew... it better make perfect toast at $250!

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,152MI6 Agent

Nice find.

To me, this is a nod to AVTAK, where, at the end of the film, Q has a Union Jack mug in his caravan.

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

Yeah.. Remmert sent a note - as I had contacted his site as well - that it had been identified a while back... thought I was on to something new but old news !

• MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

Pheeww..for that price it should warm ya bollocks at least double-O-7 times a day LOL Like M said in LALD at Bond's flat .."Is that all it does?"

But we live mysterious times and without a doubt Smeg toasters and all other their products are above average consumer quality πŸ™‚ Bet that's the reason why Moneypenny dragged poor Bond at Q's LOL ...To get modern toast and a bottle of Angelus πŸ˜€

Edit: Sorry, forgot to thank for MFisher for identifying the toaster 🍸️

Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent

Don't scoff, someone will pay 15,000 pounds for one in an auction, especially if two call sheets and a stained lobby card are included!

Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!