Spectre Solden Jacket - Hang or Fold?

I know the general consensus is that folding is better. This is because it is mostly knit which will inevitably stretch from hanging.

However, just today, deciding it was consistently cold enough to switch in the winter wardrobe, I pulled the jacket out from storage and was dismayed to see some pretty significant creasing on the leather detailing from folding.

Perhaps this was due to me handwashing last year instead of dry cleaning due to the pandemic, or perhaps I packed it in too tight during storage. I'm not really sure.

Do you think the benefits of folding outweigh those of hanging, or vice versa? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited December 2021

Folding is better. Hand washing is bad. Folding leather is bad. You should have folded around the leather so it wasn’t pressed. And not hand washed at all. That was massively bad. So you did mostly everything badly unfortunately. But a good restorer can sort that out if it isn’t too bad. Sounds like a lot of bad in there. But out of bad comes good. Possibly. Good luck. You won’t do it again. And that is Good.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............