Affordable Bond tuxedo advice

Ahoy AJB, I'm not sure how many of you are like me, but I'm just an ordinary guy with an unremarkable job who can't afford to spend thousands on designer brands.

That said, I'm a big fan of Bond style and have found John's Iconic Alternatives a fantastic resource for us fans who care about style while also needing to have enough money for rent.

I have an event in the not so distant future that calls for a certain dress code, so I seek your advice in discovering where one goes about putting together the most screen-accurate dinner suit?

I appreciate it's a broad question since there have been many different tuxes worn throughout the series. If it helps, I'm more interested in the Connery / Brosnan / early Craig styles than the more recent skinny fit outfits.

Much appreciated,

Kris!

Comments

• IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

Hi Kris, depends on your budget but you can pick up Brioni dinner jackets in bigger sizes from TRR and Vestiaire for not much money if Brosnan, CR is your style, otherwise Mason do a replica of the Connery ones which are really nicely made and cheaper than many of the high fashion brands.

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent

Back in my uni days when I was scrapping by, I bought the below Charles Tyrwhitt shawl collar tux for the Skyfall look—it’s a great piece that does the job and looks the part…and most importantly won’t break the bank 😊

https://www.charlestyrwhitt.com/au/shawl-collar-dinner-suit---midnight-blue/SUD04NAV.html?cgid=suits-tuxedos&pf=browse#cgid=suits-tuxedos&start=1

• kristopherm3kristopherm3 Posts: 156MI6 Agent

Thanks guys

• MFisherMFisher Posts: 745MI6 Agent

I'm a regular customer of Indochino.com If there is a showroom near you - even better - so you can go in for measurements and pick the materials out for suits in person. Its nice to actually lay hands on it and see what it really looks like. They also do tuxedos as well...

• SauceBossSauceBoss Posts: 37MI6 Agent

I made a skyfall tuxedo replica through SuitSupply. I'm not sure what your budget is, but it was less than $1000 for sure (I can't remember cause it was a while ago). It was made-to-measure, so if you go that route you can make the fit whatever you want it to be. And if you do be sure to research all the details of the particular tuxedo you are trying to re-create.