OHMSS Bond Drago outfit

Whoever okayed the casual Bond outfit when Bond is “summoned” to meet Drago for the first time…egads! One of the worst looks in the series, IMO

Comments

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Do you mean the golfing outfit?

I have to say I like it and think it's of it's time. One wouldn't exactly wear it now, but can imagine in 1969 this looking pretty slick for a morning on the golf course in the Algarve.

N Peal recreated it somewhat and I think it's been pretty popular.

https://www.npeal.com/pages/007

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • nobodynobody Posts: 110MI6 Agent

Yes that’s the one. I mean, the golf look Connery wears when he plays against Goldfinger is timeless. Lazenby’s is anything but!

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

Late ‘60s fashion was much more ostentatious, the early Bond film fashion (certainly the first 2 films) was right out of the austere ‘50s.

I love the outfit myself, but it’s not for everyone (Tosca)

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

Lazenby’s outfit has some issues. The orange polo neck is a terrible colour on him. Something muted would have looked a lot better. Matching suits for casual clothes don’t work so well. It looks forced when it should look more casual. The wool of the suit also looks too soft, almost like flannel pyjamas. I think the style of the jacker and trousers are both fantastic, and if the jacket were cotton like a Harrington it would look a lot better. The outfit gets a lot right. If the jacket were fawn cotton instead of wool, if the polo neck were dark brown and if the trousers were cream gabardine (cotton or wool), the outfit would keep the colour palette of the era but look so much better.

Visit my blog, Bond Suits