Connolly No Time To Die Linen shirt sizes help

chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent

Any of you guys ordered this shirt ?

Not the MTM one as I believe the fit is different, its the off the shelve one.

I ordered the L one from 007.com but its massive and they are quite slow to respond back.

I'm a UK size 16 so anyone know that a M will fit or if I order from connolly direct which size is best for that as their european.

This is as bad as the Danners 😄

FYI shirt is now available on Mr Porter too and also in 2 shades of blue.

Help appreciated.

007 reporting for duty

Comments

• jclemzjclemz Posts: 85MI6 Agent

I found that it runs small. I’m typically a size 40 chest, so I ordered a 40 and 41 but ended up sending both back as they were both too small around the chest and particularly in the shoulders. I’ve now got a 42 which fits perfectly in the chest and shoulders. It’s a little less fitted around the waist than I’d like and a bit long, so I’ll get it tailored at some point, but I definitely couldn’t wear the smaller sizes. Hope this helps!

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent

I would agree that they small. I found myself between sizes, and I often buy slim cuts. I'm usually a 16.5 but the chest was tight but wearable. I feared it would shrink so I sized up to a 17 and discovered two things:

1.) It didn't shrink much at all

2.) A 17 is too long in the arms for me

So should I have stayed with the 16.5. I guess, but I think I prefer it being comfortable to too tight. And I can always have a tailor adjust. But I don't usually have these troubles sizing a shirt.

• km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent

I sized up from 16 to 16.5 and fit was spot on. They are quite slim so take that into consideration. Mine was ordered from the original run based on measurements rather than letter sizing.. It looks like maybe they've now condensed the sizing with the lettering? 🤔 Here is the original sizing chart.

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent

Thanks for all your help guys , even after speaking to connolly I'm still none the wiser 😆

The guy reckons i could be a 41 but if i'm broader a 42 might be best.

I'm a 40 inch chest and always a 16 , just have to order both to be sure , I do like them fitted

007 reporting for duty
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

Chris.

Original for me but...

I'm a 16/41 in tf slim fit shirts.

Went with 16.5 in Connolly and fits beautifully, pre and post wash.

M

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

Thanks M , the 2 sizes arrived today so I'll see which is best.

Its a bit of a head scratcher this one

007 reporting for duty
  • mr.moneypennymr.moneypenny Posts: 9MI6 Agent

I believe the sizes shown on the chart are actually neck sizes in centimeters. eg; a size 161/2 neck would be 42 centimeters.

• DblOJoeDblOJoe Posts: 67MI6 Agent

Hey All - In a similar predicament with sizing and the Connolly customer support is just telling me to order multiple shirts. Additionally, the Connolly site looks to have better and specific sizing details, but now I have analysis paralysis between the details on 007.com vs Connolly. Do people agree that the sizing details on Connolly are accurate or are we saying they run small as well? Here is the chart they have in US sizing. Chest measurements I've been told run armpit to armpit so it looks like I am a size 40 or 41. In Turnbull & Asser I wear a 42cm 16-1/2 tuxedo shirt if that helps for comparison. Any who, please help my friends!

Yeah it was tricky to be fair and I went through a few different options -

007 store the sizes weren't specific enough it just offered s,m , L etc , so ordered the large and it ended up being a size 17/44 and was awful.

I'm a 16 collar and a 40/41 chest don't normally have issues with shirts.

So I ordered 2 from connolly size 41 and 42 , 41 too tight across the chest and 42 was spot on.

To be fair the guys at connolly were doing their best but this shirt is very fitted around the chest I find.

I think your be 43 by the sound of it but I'm afraid you may have to order 2 sizes to be sure.

Even the original LE run I believe guys were sizing up a half

Refund was not an issue.

Good luck

007 reporting for duty
  • I ordered A 15 3/4, 40 and it fits pretty perfectly for my preferences other than being a little tight in the sleeve. I like things form-fitting

I’m 5”10, 185 lbs with fairly broad shoulders for reference.

• DblOJoeDblOJoe Posts: 67MI6 Agent

Hi All,

Does anyone have a sense as to why the 007store is charging $408 USD for this shirt, but on the Connolly site they are only charging $340? I don't get it. The prices should be the same....